Stickies – The Internet’s Premier Freeware Note Taking Application
Stickies The Internet’s Premier Freeware Note Taking Application
I always enjoy sharing my top software picks with you especially when they are free! I know you will enjoy using Stickies as much as I do. I don’t know how I ever managed note & list-making before.
Let me introduce you to Stickies – and talk about saving paper and money at the same time wow! I don’t remember the last time I bought a post-it note. With Stickies, you will become the efficient little geek you always wanted to be.
And to show you all the features and functionality, I made a quick video detailing how awesome Stickies is.
Stickies is safe to use and easy to install. You can download Stickies HERE
What is Stickies? (from author’s website)
Stickies is a PC utility I wrote to try to cut down on the number of yellow notes I was leaving stuck to my monitor. It is a computerized version of those notes.
The design goal behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores information in a single text-based ini file.
Stickies will never support animated dancing figures or play “Greensleeves”. They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on-screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customized; fonts, colors and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can store text or images
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to an application, website, document or folder so they only show when it’s on-screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favorite friends and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- International language, Unicode and RTL text support
- Stickies works with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications
- …and Stickies is completely free!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post Stickies The Internet’s Premier Freeware Note Taking Application please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!
I love this how-to video. I’m so glad that you mentioned Sticky notes again because I didn’t put it back on my new computer, and I really meant to do it. I’m glad to have it back. Thank you.
Thanks Carolann I love using Notes and will try this one !!!
Definitely going to check out Stickies – looks fun and useful!
I live according to the stickies on my desk. I get a new assignment, I add a sticky. I finish a task, I pitch the sticky. So I tried a stickies sort of app before but found the physical act of scrunching up the sticky and trashing it was too satisfying to give up for the electronic version.
Thanks for sharing, though. Perhaps I’ll try it again… cover my computer AND actual desktops with notes.
I am an obsessive sticky note person, I’m with Lisa, I love the satisfaction of scrunching too. Having said that…your video helped convince me to give it a whirl.
I’ve decided that you must stretch time in some way to be able to cover such broad topics!
Now this is really cool! If they could add a sound for, as Lisa mentioned, crumpling up the note before chucking in the recycle bin, this might be just about perfect!
What a great idea! I’m always open to trying a new technology application. Thanks for sharing.
As you know I am using stickies, but until I watched your video I did not realize how many features it has that I was not using.
Oh good Sue. That’s why I made it because I think a lot of folks weren’t using all of the awesome features.
Hi Estelle, Oh I love Stickies. It’s one of my favorites for sure. I hope you get to enjoy them They are really a game changer. Have a great week!
Hi Ruth! lol what a great idea. I will have to email them and suggest that. Have a great week!
lol thanks Carol. I have so many interests and love sharing them all with you guys! have a great week!
Hi Elin, I know you will enjoy using them as much as I do. I never forget a thing now! Have a great rest of the week!
Oh and I just looked – you can add sounds to them too so there you go! lol
Hi Lisa, you can add sounds to Stickies too. I find using these just as rewarding as the real thing plus I never have to buy them again – and saving some trees too! Have a great week!
Hi Kimba. Oh you should for sure. Plus, you can add sounds to them which is fun! I hope you like using them as much as I do. Have a great week!
Oh you will love them Patti!
Thanks much Crystal! You can add sounds to them too which is fun. Glad you are enjoying them once again!
thanks so much I had forgotten to download this great app. Loved the video with all the details. Thanks so much for sharing.
Awesome! Glad you found it and I know you will love it too!
Is this available for linux? im using ubuntu 14.10
Hi Geremy, it might indeed me available. Be sure to check the specs out on his website. They are indeed awesome! Keep me posted and let me know once you check! Thanks much for stopping by.
Comments are closed.