Stickies The Internet’s Premier Freeware Note Taking Application
I always enjoy sharing my top software picks with you especially when they are free! I know you will enjoy using Stickies as much as I do. I don’t know how I ever managed note & list-making before.
Let me introduce you to Stickies – and talk about saving paper and money at the same time wow! I don’t remember the last time I bought a post-it note. With Stickies, you will become the efficient little geek you always wanted to be.
And to show you all the features and functionality, I made a quick video detailing how awesome Stickies is.
Stickies is safe to use and easy to install. You can download Stickies HERE
What is Stickies? (from author’s website)
Stickies is a PC utility I wrote to try to cut down on the number of yellow notes I was leaving stuck to my monitor. It is a computerized version of those notes.
The design goal behind Stickies is that the program is small and simple. Stickies will not mess with your system files, or write to the registry. Stickies stores information in a single text-based ini file.
Stickies will never support animated dancing figures or play “Greensleeves”. They are instead yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on-screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customized; fonts, colors and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can store text or images
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to an application, website, document or folder so they only show when it’s on-screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favorite friends and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- International language, Unicode and RTL text support
- Stickies works with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications
- …and Stickies is completely free!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post Stickies The Internet’s Premier Freeware Note Taking Application please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!