How To Make The Best Ever Blueberry Pecan Bread
In the mood for something moist, fruity, nutty, and delicious? When I saw this recipe online I knew I had to make it my own. It’s good for you too! You can use whole wheat flour if you like as well. We are such fruit lovers in this house so when I had an abundance of blueberries, and I thought this would be the perfect way to incorporate them into our other favorite food or bread. Oh, and let’s not forget the nuts! It’s also a healthier dessert choice too with all the fruit and nuts blended into this loaf. We love it for breakfast too topped with some butter or jam – all you can do is roll your eyes and say YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat the inside of 1 large loaf pan (9 by 5-inch) or 4 mini loaf pans (5-3/4 by 3-1/4-inch) with cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle a 1/2 cup of pecans over the bottom of the pan(s).
- Gently toss together the blueberries with 1/4 cup flour.
- Combine the remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together melted butter, yogurt, milk, and eggs.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Add the remaining pecans and blueberries.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (Adjust the baking time if you are using smaller loaf pans.)
- Let pan cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove warm bread from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing
- I baked mine at about 85 minutes and it came out perfectly!
The best Blueberry Pecan Loaf ever!
It’s moist, full of berries and nuts and tastes amazing topped with some butter!
I hope you get to make and enjoy this as much as we did. Also, be sure to check out some of my other amazing desserts too!
Also, be sure to leave any questions you might have in the comments section below as I always reply!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post How To Make The Best Ever Blueberry Pecan Bread please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!