I’m always looking for great recipes for avocados. I’ve found one that scored a home run! This recipe is a slam-dunk for sure.
All these sports references yikes! Well, that’s because it’s so darn good, your mouth will be watering while you are preparing it.
You can either serve it alone or as a side dish. We had it paired with steak last night and wow – try taking a huge dollop and smothering it on chicken too.
Either way, it’s sure to please. It’s light, savory, yet packed with flavor, and it’s a twist on the usual guac recipes you’ll see out there. I modified this a tad from the original recipe to suit our liking – the beauty of this recipe is you can easily do that.
Give it a try to let me know what your favorite ingredients are to add to this already perfect blend of veggies.
Here are some pics to help walk you through the process – have fun and enjoy it!
- 4 tomatoes husked, thoroughly rinsed, diced
- 1 tart green apple such as Granny Smith (about 1/2 pound), rinsed, diced - you can use any apple you have handy
- 2 celery sticks, thoroughly rinsed, cleaned off strings, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 to 2 jalapeño or serrano chiles, or to taste, (optional - I left this out)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, leaves and upper part of stems
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher or coarse sea salt, or to taste
- 3 ripe Mexican avocados, halved, pitted, meat scooped out and diced
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the avocados and mix well.
When it is all thoroughly combined, incorporate the avocados and gently mix.
Serve immediately or you may cover and chill until ready to serve.
I always like to skin the celery – this way you don’t get those strings.
Start chopping and prepping all of the veggies.
Scoop some over crackers…
Or top over your favorite bread…
We served it as a side dish with our BBQ’ed steaks and wow…what a flavor punch!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post –Pico de Guacamole Recipe – Easy, Delicious, And Savory – please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!