With good cheer and mouths watering, we all yearn to discover new festive, delicious holiday appetizers for our friends and family. Above all, let’s make the holidays even more special with appetizers everyone will love.
Low On Time – Big On Flavor Holiday Appetizers
We love preparing easy to follow and incredibly yummy holiday appetizers for all to enjoy. Typically, we run out of time during this time of year as we spend a lot of time holiday shopping as well.
Today, we have 4 Festive Delicious Holiday Appetizers for you to prepare. Not only are they easy to follow, but everyone will enjoy them. With essential ingredients for pops of instant flavor, they look very festive too.
More so, we want our holiday table to represent cheer and goodwill. And presenting these holiday appetizers will most certainly put everyone in a holly jolly spirit.
Below, you’ll discover the perfect way to your guest’s heart and stomach for a memorable holiday experience.
1 – Perfectly Savory, Subtly Sweet Pumpkin Ricotta Tart
Yes, it’s pumpkin season, and that means we get to experience these little magical gourds in our recipes. We love mixing up things and incorporating these beauties into holiday appetizers too.
In fact, tart recipes make the perfect addition to our festive tables. Personally, I enjoy a delicious merlot with a bold personality to pair with this tart. But it’s also excellent with any festive fall cocktail too.
As you know, pairing lemony ricotta with a twist of pumpkin creates a magical appetizer everyone will adore. More so, this app looks perfectly splendid on your holiday menu as well.
- • 1 defrosted piece of puff pastry
- • 1 ½ cups full-fat ricotta cheese
- • ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- • ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- • ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- • 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- • 1 medium egg
- • 1 tablespoon water
- • 1/3 cup baby arugula
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
· Roll puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface so
that it’s approximately 9 ½ x 10 ½ inch long. Transfer to a baking sheet.
· In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, pumpkin, lemon
juice, salt, pepper flakes, and lemon pepper.
· Using an offset spatula, spread the mixture over the
puff pastry leaving a 1-inch border. Lightly crimp all four sides of the tart
and press over the filling. Top the tart with the blue cheese.
· In a small bowl whisk together the egg and water, then
brush over the top and sides of the tart.
· Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown and
cooked through. Let the tart stand for 5 minutes to let the filling cool
· Slice, top with arugula, and serve!
2 – Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
We all know the feeling of overeating during the holiday. You know, where your pants feel like their bursting open? Well, these incredibly delicious Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms feel the same way!
Bursting with flavor, parmesan cheese, and pork sausage, you simply can’t go wrong. So feel free to stuff your face guilt-free. We can’t wait to add them to our meal plan and enjoy these holiday appetizers. You can pop them in your mouth like little nuggets of pleasure!
- • 24 oz White Button Mushrooms
- • 1/2 lb Ground Hot Pork Sausage
- • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- • 1/4 cup White Onion
- • 4 Garlic Cloves
- • 8 oz Cream Cheese
- • 1 Egg Yolk
- • 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- • 2 tbsp Parsley
- • Salt & Pepper
· Clean and dry mushrooms. “Pop” the stems off the
mushrooms and set aside to use for the stuffing.
· Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat,
drain skillet and set sausage aside to use for stuffing.
· Finely chop white onion, garlic, and leftover mushroom
· Add olive oil to skillet and sauté onion, garlic, and
mushroom stems for 3-5 minutes, until tender. Set aside to cool.
· In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese and egg
yolk with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Add cooled sausage and
onion/garlic/mushroom mixture until fully mixed.
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of
stuffing mixture and place on a baking sheet.
· Bake mushrooms for 25 minutes, until the stuffing
begins to slightly brown on the top.
3 – Whipped Goat Cheese, Pomegranate, and Honey Tartlets – People Pleaser Holiday Appetizers
In short, these Whipped Goat Cheese, Pomegranate, and Honey Tartlets taste incredible. If you want fast and delicious, look no further. With a five minute bake time, you simply can’t go wrong. They make the perfect addition to add to your list of holiday appetizers.
Plus, they add the perfect Segway to a new conversation when things seem awkward at your holiday party. Just say, “Did someone say tartlet?” then grab a tray of these whipped goat cheese tartlets to pass around. Bingo! Everyone wins!
- • 1 thawed puff pastry sheet
- • ¾ cup whipped goat cheese
- • 2 teaspoons fresh thyme + more for garnish
- • 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- • 2 teaspoons organic honey
- • 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large, rimmed
baking sheet with parchment.
· Using a 1-inch cookie cutter, cut out shapes of puff
pastry. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Pierce them several times with
the tines of a fork.
· Bake for 5 minutes.
· If the pastry has puffed too much to hold the
toppings, use an offset spatula to gently deflate them.
· In a medium bowl combine the goat cheese with the
fresh thyme. Divide cheese mixture between puff pastry tartlets.
· Drizzle with pomegranate molasses and honey.
· Top with pomegranate seeds, and garnish with thyme.
4 – Sun-Dried Tomatoes Italian Feast Appetizer
If you love savory side dishes, then you will flip out over this Sun-Dried Tomatoes Italian Feast Appetizer. In fact, we love anything and everything Italian, especially when it comes to cooking.
Moreover, these delicious morsels of goodness smothered with fresh ingredients and loaded with flavors will please the most picky person! Let’s face it. The festive colors on your table will make your guests mouths water. When it comes to holiday appetizers, you don’t want to leave this recipe off your list.
- Multigrain Crackers - about a dozen ( you can also use your favorite Italian bread as well.
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese - at least one cup sliced very thin
- California Sun Dry Sun-dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes with Herbs - at least one cup sliced in small sections
- California Sun Dry Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese - at least several thin slices
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Small Vidalia Onion
- Olive Oil - 1/4 Cup
- Balsamic Vinegar 1/8 Cup
- Prep both kinds of cheese by making thin slices - set aside
- Slice onion and tomatoes
- Once ingredients are prepped, start topping the multigrain crackers with one teaspoon of California Sun Dry Sun-Dried Tomato Bruschetta. You want this to be the first ingredient on top of the cracker.
- Next, start topping the cracker with all remaining ingredients.
- You can decide how much of each ingredient you prefer
- When the crackers are topped, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic
With these four holiday appetizers on your meal plan, your table will look festive and scrumptious too. Each one creates a unique balance of flavors your family and guests will never forget.
Surprisingly, Artichokes go unnoticed and underappreciated. A lot of folks think they create a lot of work or just don’t know how simply amazing they tasted stuffed.