A must see list of my top ten makeup products!
My Top Ten Makeup Products!
I thought I would review my top ten beauty products. I love reading other top tens and get so many great ideas this way. I won’t purchase anything unless I research it first and read what others think of it before buying. I’ve been in the beauty industry for over 30 years now and have learned a thing or two about makeup and beauty items. I love to pass that info onto you! Please let me know if you have any questions about these products. I would be happy to help out. Note – I most always provide product info at the Sephora website only because it’s the most popular and where I do 80% of my makeup purchases.
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder – I added this to my arsenal when they were first released and I adore them. After my makeup application is complete, I apply a light layer of Dim Light to my entire face. I use the Hourglass Ambient Powder Brush applicator simple because it works perfectly to ensure the perfect application. You can use any brush you like of course. Dim Light provides a neutral peach beige tone to your skin. It blurs imperfections and provides just the right amount of glow and diffused light to your face. This is my personal favorite out of the entire line. You can check out the Hourglass website or Sephora to read more about this product.
2. Makeup For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation – This foundation provides a shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, and complete coverage for your face. I keep repurchasing this because out of all of the foundations I own, my skin never looked or felt better. I have loads of foundations and don’t get me wrong, I have adored them all, but there are some you just go back to over and over, and this is one of them! It hides imperfections, evens out skin tone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. I find the results are flawless and lasts for many hours. This foundation provides full coverage but, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs and a little goes a long way.
3. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse – This is by far my favorite brow product. Yes, I own at least 10 others and do use them, but this one is in my top 5 favorites. Why? Because the formula is light, airy consistency allows the product to naturally glide onto brows and blend seamlessly and no worries about harsh lines or waxy build-up. The description states, “The Amazonian clay intuitively identifies your skin type to deliver benefits and restore harmony. This mousse minimizes oil around the hair follicle to balance skin and keep pigment in place while naturally nourishing and hydrating to prohibit product from flaking or transferring.” The color range is good and provides a natural match to your brows. Trust me on this one. You will love it! Check out the Sephora description for more info.
4. Diorskin Nude Tan Healthy Glow Enhancing Powder – I used to cringe when I heard the word bronzer – well not anymore! I thought they mainly provided a fake looking baked-on look, and I could never understand why so many women use them. Well, welcome to the world of Diorskin. This powder is described as a complexion-boosting, multi-toned bronzing face powder and it’s formulated for all skin tones. What’s true about this product is it really does erase signs of fatigue while imparting a healthy radiance to the complexion. I use it after my makeup application is complete and right before I apply my Hourglass Ambient Powder. You might think that sounds like overkill, but it’s really not. Remember, the application of powder is meant to be a dusting, not a bombing of powder. All you need to do is lightly dust your face and neck and wow – I promise you amazing results! It comes in two shades and that is all the color range you really need. I chose the lighter of the two – called sunlight. Check out more product details here.
5. MAC Mineralize’ Skinfinish Natural – This finishing powder provides a soft and subtle glow to your skin. It’s a domed face powder with minerals that are slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural matte finish. I have tried a mother-load of face powders, and I keep going back to my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I use this to set my foundation and under-eye area. Why so many powers you ask? Well, after years of experimenting with makeup products, I have determined that face powders are definitely one of the most important in providing that perfecting glow and natural finish we are all craving. I might not use them all at the same time, but I always use at least 2 during my application process. While I do own over 10 different finishing powders, my MAC is up there in my top 5.
6. MAC Eye Shadows – Yes, the entire line! I have tried loads of various eye shadows from high-end to drugstore – and from my experience, MAC eyeshadows are again in my top five. They are highly-pigmented and apply evenly and blend well. I would say I own at least 40 single shades and most of them are right on the money! Don’t get me wrong, I adore my pallets too – I own and use all of my Naked pallets, and can list off ten other I use and adore, but, as far as my top ten for eyeshadows – MAC is up there in my top five!
7. MAC Lipsticks – Yes, all of them! I adore MAC lipsticks. They have a wide variety of finishes and colors. They have staying power and provide highly pigmented color. You just can’t go wrong with them.
8. MAC Eyeliners – Yes – again MAC wins as far as the wide variety of liners they stock. I have tried and use all of them in their lineup and love them all. They have staying powder and most are waterproof. I always appreciate a long-wearing liner, especially for the inner rim and water line. Some are metallic, provide shimmer or have a matte finish. They are smooth to apply. Won’t transfer, smudge or budge. I also adore Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-On eye pencils. This is a tough one as far as ranking, but I would have to say on a daily basis, my MAC liners win hands down. Check them out on the MAC website.
9. MAC Cremeblend Blush – I’ve always used a creme blush as a base for my powder blush as far back as I can remember. I have come to appreciate MAC’s Cremeblend Blush and the level of staying powder it provides. While the color range is not that wide, there is definitely a color out there for you. They are a creamy easy to blend medium coverage formula that imparts a natural finish that’s smooth, dewy-fresh, long-lasting.
10. BENEFIT COSMETICS They’re Real! Mascara – Amazing! This mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular “out-to-here” look. It does all that and more! I have LOADS of mascaras, and while there are some other brands that I do enjoy – this one is a slam dunk!
I love providing my list of favorite beauty and makeup products. Check out my Pinterest beauty page for a full listing. Coming soon! Top 10 Face Care Products!
Thanks for being here and have a great weekend!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post My Top Ten Makeup Products! please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!