The Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
We are huge fans of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Check this recipe out to learn how to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie!
I’ve hunted for a while for the perfect recipe for them, and I’ve finally found it. Come and see exactly how I recreated them, and how delicious they are!
I followed a recipe from our guru Martha Stewart. In that video, they walk you through making three different types, soft and chewy, thin and crispy or cakey. You can find that video here if you are interested in making the other version. My hubby ate five when they came out. I had to scold him for that! ha!
The soft and chewy came out perfectly! Not too chewy, but rather just the perfect amount of softness inside. Easy to make and so yummy! Here is the recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
Some pics of the process below:
We like a smaller cookie so depending on how much you scoop, you might get more or less.
Note: We like our chocolate chip cookies a bit crisper around the edges, so I baked them for an extra minute or two. Let me know if you make them and how much you love them!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post The Perfect Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!