Low Carb Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies – Simply Delicious!
Whether you are on the Keto diet or not, these low carb Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies are simply delicious! Ever since I started the Keto Diet back in May, I’ve been on the hunt for an easy to make low carb cookie to satisfy my cookie cravings, and I am thrilled to have discovered this recipe – with a bit of tweaking I found the perfect low carb cookie recipe!
The one key ingredient I used that makes these low carb Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies simply delicious is Steviva Blend Natural Sugar Substitute! It’s truly a game changer when it comes to sugar substitutes and tastes absolutely delicious too!
Everyone loves these cookies and they are completely guilt-free too! I think it’s the cream cheese in this cookie that makes it so creamy and yet crisp like shortbread should be! Be sure to check out how I changed my diet and health regime and the tips I use to stay on track!
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Steviva Blend Sugar Substitute
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond and coconut flours.
- Combine the butter and Steviva in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and continue to beat until smooth for an additional minute.
- Add the almond extract and egg and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and continue beating until just combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in the almonds.
- Place the mixture onto a piece of parchment or wax paper and, using the paper, mold the dough into a log.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm for at least about 1 hour.
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the dough into 1/2-inch-thick slices and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown generally for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before serving – the cookies will firm up as they cool.
Steviva gathered nature’s best sweeteners, such as stevia, monk fruit, erythritol, coconut palm sugar, agave nectar, inulin, crystalline fructose and xylitol, and meticulously formulated delicious, pure sweeteners that taste and function just like sugar—without the calories, carbs or blood sugar spikes. It makes everything so much healthier and super delish!
Also, you can find Steviva Brand Sweeteners on Social Media:
It’s so easy to make these delicious low carb Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies. Once you mix your ingredients all you do is make a log roll and refrigerate for one hour.
After the dough is chilled, just slice into 1/2 inch pieces and places on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Easy peasy!
I love when the edges of the cookie are cooked to golden brown goodness! I’m so excited that my hubby loves them too! He is such a cookie snob, so I know I hit the mark with this recipe!
You can find Steviva Blend on Amazon too!
So crunchy, so buttery, so loaded with almond flavor, so very delicious! And best of all – low carb and perfect for your Keto diet too!
I really hope you get to make these delicious Low Carb Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies. Even if you aren’t on a diet, eating cookies that are low in sugars and low in carbs is just plain good for you and your family too!
Don’t forget to read Keto Diet – My Thoughts And Results!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thank you for supporting my blog!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Low Carb Keto Almond Shortbread Cookies – Simply Delicious!, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!