Roasted Tomato Tart Recipe – Simply Delicious!
If you love pizza then you are going to flip over this Roasted Tomato Tart Recipe – it’s Simply Delicious! It’s not pizza but something way more. This dish is great served with a salad for dinner or lunch or even as an appetizer too. I knew it was a hit when the hubby ate three slices as soon as it came out of the oven.
It’s easy to make and I’ll take you through it step by step!
- 4 Large Tomato - Sliced ABout 1/4-inch thick
- 6 Cups Julienned Onions
- 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 Cups Softened Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- Finely Chopped Chives or Green Onions or Italian Season
- 1 Cup Shredded Fresh Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese
- Pie Crust - Your recipe or store-bought
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Grill Tomatoes: Lay tomato slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a non-stick mat
- Season with salt and pepper and roast on the middle rack at 375 for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a sauté pan or pot over medium heat cook the onions in 2 Tbs oil until well caramelized. They should be a uniform light caramel color.
- Add the butter and cook until melted
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- Once the onions are cool stir in the egg yolks
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese with the garlic and chives until soft and well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roll out and place the pie dough and place in a tart pan
- Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the crust – be careful not to tear the pie crust when spreading
- Add the roasted tomatoes on top of the cream cheese mixture and then layer the caramelized onions on the tomatoes
- Sprinkle the top with the cheese
- Bake at 375 degrees until bubbly and the cheese has browned
- Allow to rest for one hour before serving
- Makes one 9-inch tart
Slice them and place them on a baking sheet if you have one handy. If not, you can just roast them on the sheet with a drop of oil.
I have a traditional tart pan but if you don’t have one, you can use any round pan you have handy.
You’ll want to julienne your onions.
Some recipes call for adding chives or green onions with the cream cheese but I added some Italian seasoning instead. Make sure to mix well until your cream cheese is a spreadable consistency.
The onions need to be a golden brown color so be sure to caramelize them well.
You can either make your own dough or use the prepackaged type.
Carefully spread the cream cheese mix over the dough.
Layer your grilled tomatoes over the cream cheese mix.
Then layer the onions.
We love cheese so we added a lot. That’s up to you.
We also love the crispy edges – yum!
Let it cool before removing it from the tart pan base.
Doesn’t that look amazing? You get layer upon layer of delicious flavors.
I knew this was a hit the minute I put it in my mouth. The leftovers are even better!
Paired with a side salad, it’s perfect for dinner or lunch!
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment section below. I hope you get to enjoy this delicious Roasted Tomato Tart Recipe soon!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by to read Roasted Tomato Tart Recipe – Simply Delicious!. Please subscribe below for the latest updates!