This Country Ham Soup is incredibly unique and delicious. It’s easy to make and the leftovers, even better.
Country Ham Soup – The Perfect Comfort Food
Honestly, we love eating soup all year long but even more so in the winter months. When the weather is cold and harsh, it’s nice to come home to a warm bowl of delicious soup.
I had my first opportunity to experience the goodness of Clifty Farm ham products and wow, it was super delicious and spiced perfectly.
In addition, they were nice enough to send us these products for our delicious Country Ham Soup!
According to the Clifty Farms website, “When country hams first went on sale back in 1954, it soon became evident that curing and selling country hams was to become a family tradition.”
You can shop for Clifty Farm products on their website or in some of your favorite stores like Aldi, Food City, Ingles, Kroger, Piggly Wiggly, Publix, Save A Lot, and Walmart too.
Let’s Get To The Recipe!
Firstly, this Country Ham Soup recipe is super easy to make. And, you can use your stovetop or your crockpot as well!
In addition, the cabbage, potatoes, onions, and spices add a hearty flavor to this soup. I love it for lunch and the leftovers are even better! It seems, when the soup has time to ferment, it grows richer in flavor too.
- 1 package of Clifty Farms Country Ham Seasoning Pieces
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- 2 large Vidalia onions
- 3 large potatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (we like to use Frank’s Original RedHot – it doesn’t make the soup spicy at all but rather, gives it a warm, rich, flavor. You can add more or omit entirely if you prefer)
- 2 Quarts Chicken Broth
- 3 Cup of water
- You can, of course, add any veggies you love like carrots or celery too!
- Slice the country ham into about 1-inch pieces
- Prepare and chopped onions, potatoes, and cabbage
- Add the chicken broth to a large pot with lid
- Bring the broth to a light boil
- Add the cabbage, potatoes, and onion
- Add the Clifty Farms Country
Ham Seasoning Pieces
- Add the water
- Add the spices
- Cover and on a low flame, cook for
at least two hours.
Store the leftovers in Tupperware tight containers. You can freeze for 3 months or store in the fridge and serve within 2-3 days.
I love adding additional spice on top too! Either way, this Country Ham Soup is so good and comforting.
The Country Ham Biscuit Slices from Clifty Farm are so delish! You can make so many incredible recipes with it.
Also, as a side dish, I made a yummy side dish with the Clifty Farm Country Ham Pieces for Seasoning too.
It was so easy to make and tasted amazing! I took the extra cabbage, potatoes, onions, and ham and fried it in a skillet. All you need is a little oil or butter, some spices, fry it all together and bam!
I know you and your family will love this Country Ham Soup and this Country Ham sidedish too. I couldn’t resist making both because the ham is so delicious!
You can visit Clifty Farms on social media too!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CliftyFarm/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clifty_farm/
Save $1 on Clifty Farm products using the link below!
- Coupon Link: https://cliftyfarm.com/store-coupon-page/
Be sure to read How To Make Your Winter Soup Classics 3 Different Ways too!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Viglink, and other Associate Affiliate Programs. Affiliate advertising programs like these provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to these affiliated sites at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this article, Country Ham Soup Recipe – Easy & Delicious!, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!