The Best Salsa Recipe In The History Of Mankind
So maybe that title is a stretch but, this is certainly our favorite and the only way we make fresh salsa! I really wanted to share this simple recipe with you because we enjoy it so much.
As a matter of fact, I make it once a week, especially during the summer. I love serving it as a side dish too for meals like steak and chicken. It’s so savory and fresh and yes, it’s the best salsa recipe.
I love recipes with fresh clean ingredients that are super easy to make and actually make you feel good while you are eating them. I’ve tried so many variations of this recipe and always end up coming back to my favorite.
You can just look at how fresh and delicious this salsa dish is. Mouth-wateringly flavorful!
You can serve it with your favorite tortilla chips or anything you enjoy dipping with.
So, let’s get to this easy to make recipe. I promise you, you’ll love it. And the best part is, it only takes about 15 minutes to make. I love serving it as a side dish too. In the hot summer months, it’s almost a meal in itself.
- 2-3 medium sized fresh tomatoes stems removed
- 1 large fresh and ripe avocado
- 1 red onion chopped - size depending on how much onion you like.
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of dried oregano (crumble in your fingers before adding)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 clove of minced or chopped garlic. You can either use minced garlic or garlic powder depending on your preference.
- Chop tomatoes into small chunks
- Dice onion into small pieces
- Chop avocado into small chunks
- Add seasonings
- Drizzle olive oil over and gently mix
- I used garlic powder for this recipe because I wanted to make a batch of salsa that didn't have an overwhelming garlicky taste generally found in salsa recipes. Of course, I do make this with minced or chopped garlic cloves too and both ways are delicious. It really depends on the mood you are in! I love making extra as well. You can store this in fridge for at least two days.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, The Best Salsa Recipe In The History Of Mankind via email below and never miss a post again!