The perfect summer cake! Why? Because it’s easy to make, light and airy and of course, delicious! No one wants to be bogged down into the kitchen in the summer baking right? That’s why I just love this recipe. It’s easy to make and very summerish! We love blueberries and will look for any excuse to eat them. I also love that there is yogurt in the recipe. You get the creamy goodness without the guilt. Plus, there isn’t a lot of butter and no oils either in this recipe.
As soon as I took it out of the oven, mouth’s were watering. And the best part is it’s so very easy to make!
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick softened unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Use middle rack
- Line the bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Grease the side of the pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and continue beating until creamy and light in color.
- Keeping the mixer speed low, mix in the flour in 2 batches
- Be sure to add 1/2 cup Greek yogurt in between the 2 batches to the cake batter until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Transfer the cake batter to the springform pan.
- Scatter blueberries evenly on top.
- Bake until cake turns golden and the tester comes out clean,
- Baking time is about 20 to 35 minutes – mine took 24 minutes
- When the cake is done baking, let it cool on a wire rack.
- My cake was done is about 24 minutes so be sure to start toothpick testing at about 20 mins depending on your oven.
I love that there’s yogurt in this recipe!
The batter is so light and airy!
25 minutes later – this! Lightly golden and ready to cool down.
Slice it how you like it – either way, thick or thin – it’s all good!
Add a dab of whipped cream and you’re good to go. We didn’t want to add any icing at all. It’s that good!
Hosting a tea party or a summer picnic? This cake is the perfect addition.
I hope you get to try this recipe – I know you’ll love it!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!
[irp posts=”7125″ name=”How To Make The Best Ever Blueberry Pecan Bread”]
[irp posts=”9783″ name=”Coffee Rubbed Pork Loin With A Blueberry Balsamic Reduction Sauce”]