Feel like eating something so decadent, rich in flavor, and full of fruity goodness? Then follow me!
Delicious Black Cherry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
Well, you’ve stopped at the right place because I have a recipe for you! I love anything with the word fruit in it, and this no exception. When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. We don’t like dry cake and, this cake is anything but dry. It’s moist and loaded with layers of flavor. You can also substitute the black cherry preserves for any flavor you prefer. I love black cherry and decided to go with that.
What you can expect: This is not your “typical” bundt cake. It’s not really a coffee cake either – I haven’t a clue as to why they named it that but it surely sounds good so I’ll play along. When you are following the directions, and you get to the part where you have to create a tunnel in the center, be sure to dig deep and make sure it’s at least an inch wide. You’ll need that space for the filling. Also, after it was done baking, I noticed that the filling didn’t seem to bake all the way through – but it is! Don’t overcook it thinking it’s not done. Be sure to do a toothpick test on the white of the cake after an hour of baking to ensure it’s done. Oh and be sure to check out some of my other yummy desserts too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup black cherry jam
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in sour cream and vanilla, beating until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of batter to a small bowl. Stir in jam, mixing well. Set aside.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Make a 1-inch trough in the center of the batter all the way around the pan. Spoon batter/jam mixture into trough, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake begins pulling away from the edges of the pan.
- Cool cake in pan for about 15 minutes. Then, invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
I hope you get to enjoy this cake as much we did! It’s not that difficult to prepare and the payoff is amazing! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments section!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post Delicious Black Cherry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!