Strawberry Cream Puffs – Creamy Clouds Of Goodness!
Not sure what dessert to make? Well, stop looking because this Strawberry Cream Puffs recipe is beyond delicious! This dessert is perfect for summer too.
It’s really great all year round but especially in the summer months. It’s got the best of everything in it. It features a creamy filling, berries galore, and an outer pastry shell that’s crisp and packed with flavor.
This recipe is one of the most treasured memories I have of my mom. As a child, I remember her baking this exact recipe and enjoying a mouthful of creamy fruity puffs with my family as an after dinner dessert.
Some people like them filled with boatloads of whipped cream, I prefer a moderate amount because too much cream filling makes them really difficult to eat and distracts from the pastry and the fruit. You can decide the amount of whipped cream you like!
Look at that deliciousness! The shell is golden brown with a touch of crispness that surrounds the homemade whipped cream and berries like the wings of an angel.
It’s a super easy recipe and only takes about 25 minutes in the oven. Just slice the pastry shell in half and fill with cream and berries!
Slice up some fresh strawberries and top them over the homemade whipped cream!
Enjoy this recipe! It’s one of our favorites that’s for sure.
- 1 cup (125 g) flour
- 3.5 oz (100 ml) milk
- 3.5 oz (100 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 tbsp (80g) unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (480g) heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup (40g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, cut into slices
- In a saucepan bring the milk, water, sugar, salt and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once and incorporate mixing energetically with a wooden spoon.
- Return the saucepan over low heat and while stirring cook for 1 minute or two to pull out the moisture from the batter and until it pulls away from the sides of the pan. You will see some of the dough sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer batter to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add the eggs one at a time, carefully incorporating each into the batter using the wooden spoon or even a stand
- mixer. It will result in a smooth batter which still holds its shape.
- Fit a pastry bag with a large 1⁄2 inch (1cm) round tip and pipe the dough into 1 1 1/2 inch (34 cm) circles on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and puffed.
- Prick each with a skewer to release steam and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl whip the cream with an electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Split the cream puffs in half and fill them with cream mixture and strawberry slices.
- You can also dust with powdered sugar.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Strawberry Cream Puffs Creamy Clouds Of Goodness! subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!