Cabbage Sausage and Potato Soup Recipe – So Delicious And Easy!
In a sea of soup recipes, this Cabbage Sausage and Potato Soup recipe swims to the top! It’s hearty, savory, and super easy to make. We made a HUGE batch because my hubby has to have days of leftovers. I can easily understand why. It’s so delicious and comforting. I can see this has a great summer soup too.
We are all huge soup fans in this house and we make soups all season long. I made a huge batch yesterday and it’s half gone already. Funny how soup always does a disappearing act when it comes into this house. This Cabbage Sausage and Potato Soup recipe is simply one of our favorites.
It’s a great low carb alternative too and super good for you.
You can see below in the video, we had so much fun making it too. Be sure to watch!
- 1 pound Italian cooked and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Spinach - Fresh or Frozen (one bag)
- 1 Small Bag of Baby Carrots - diced
- 1 Large green cabbage - sliced & chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Garlic & Onion Powder - season to taste
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- Prep your potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and any other veggies you want to add first.
- Cook sausage to where it’s 90% done. You can either bake it or fry it. Slice and set aside.
- Add chicken stock to a large stockpot or your slow-cooker. You can also add 1 cup of water to the broth as well if you prefer.
- Add the leftover oil from the sausage to the chicken broth.
- Add all veggies and sausage.
- Add seasonings and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on high heat for the first 10 minutes then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for at least an hour.
- Serve warm and refrigerate in sealed containers for up to 3 days. You can also freeze for anywhere up to 3 months. I’m sure it won’t last that long 😊
- Feel free to use Italian Sausage or any traditional kielbasa sausage, any kind of smoked pork, chicken, turkey, or vegan sausage will work as well. You can substitute any type of meat or vegetarian non-meat product as well.
We both love to cook and it’s so much fun when it’s a team effort. There’s always some small drama for sure which makes it even more interesting. Making this Cabbage Sausage and Potato Soup was no different. We had a blast and although we have a difference of opinions when it comes to cooking, we always manage to nail it! With my direction of course!
Be sure to check out my other delicious recipes too. Let me know if you have any questions about this recipe in the comments below. I know you are going to love this Cabbage Sausage and Potato Soup recipe as much as we do!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links which means, if you click-through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Cabbage Sausage And Potato Soup Recipe – So Delicious And Easy! subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!
[irp posts=”12901″ name=”Simply Divine Chicken Cacciatore Crock-Pot Recipe”]