4 Easy Steps To Ensure Beautifully Healthy Skin
Keeping your skin in good shape is as important as keeping your overall health in check. It doesn’t take much to ensure that you are doing your best to keep your skin young and healthy. It’s as easy as following a simple daily routine.
I know for a fact that my skin is in great shape today because of healthy skin care habits and sticking to them each day. It’s no great mystery that if you take care of your skin the payoff is a lifetime’s worth of healthy glowing skin. It’s not only about what you eat but about your skin care routine as well. As I stated in past posts, I have my mom to thank for my beauty routine habits. I never miss a day without practicing my routine and my skin is proof that it works.
Today, I’d like to share my skincare routine with you!
1. Protect Your Skin: It’s so easy to forget to protect your skin. Damaging UV radiation from the sun is the number-one cause of skin cancer, but UV light from tanning beds is just as harmful. WebMD recommends taking the following precautions daily.
- Apply sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or greater (for UVB protection) and zinc oxide (for UVA protection) 20 minutes before sun exposure and every 2 hours thereafter, more if you are sweating or swimming.
- Select clothing, cosmetic products, and contact lenses that offer UV protection.
- Wear sunglasses with total UV protection and a wide-brimmed hat to shade your face and neck.
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible during peak UV radiation hours (between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.).
- Perform skin self-exams regularly (at least monthly) to become familiar with existing growths and to notice any changes or new growths.
- Eighty percent of a person’s lifetime sun exposure is acquired before age 18. As a parent, be a good role model and foster skin cancer prevention habits in your child.
2. AM Routine: These are the daily steps I take before applying makeup to my skin.
Exfoliating Products: While you’re in the shower, it’s the perfect opportunity to use an exfoliating product. While I’m showering, I take the opportunity to exfoliate twice a week. I prefer the gritty type as they generally do a fine job of removing dead skin. I have semi-sensitive skin, but it still needs a good scrubbing to ensure the removal of all dead skin cells.
I would recommend starting out with a mild exfoliant to test the threshold of your skin and how it reacts to varying exfoliating products. I find twice a week works out perfectly for my skin, but remember, your skin might need to use them more or less than I do. That’s why it’s a good idea to start out slowly and see exactly what your skin needs first.
There are many different types of facial scrubs on the market ranging in price from under $5 all the way up to the hundreds. Choose a product that you’ve researched first. I have several I switch around, and if you need some help deciding please leave a comment asking for a recommendation and I will be happy to suggest some of my favorites.
Eye Creams: After my shower and exfoliating routine, it’s important to get moisture back into your skin. This is where I use a few different products to make sure my skin is drenched with moisture. My routine consists of three primary product types. Eye cream, serum, and facial moisturizer. I only use face creams under my eyes that stipulate that you can on the instructions. Since the skin under your eyes is very fragile and thinner than the rest of your face, it requires a cream developed for under-eye care.
Under eye creams can have a totally different composition than your face creams. Eye creams are formulated to be lighter and less greasy than other moisturizers. They are also formulated to be extra mild since the area around the eyes is particularly sensitive to irritation. This generally means that eye creams are formulated without common irritants, such as fragrance and should also be ophthalmologist tested which means the product has been specifically tested to be safe around the eyes.
Facial Serums: Face serums are generally a lightweight moisturizer that is designed to penetrate deeper to deliver active ingredients into your skin. I always use serums because when used regularly they can give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, make pores appear smaller and increase moisture levels.
I notice when I use serums daily, they boost the natural moisture of my skin – and that’s a must for me as my skin tends to be on the dry side. If your skin is oily, using serums has been known to promote the skin’s natural ability to create a balance that’s needed when your skin is either too dry or too oily. I apply my serum after I apply eye cream. Then I wait a few minutes for the next step which is applying a facial moisturizer.
Facial Moisturizers: This is an integral part of my routine. I mentioned in the past that’s important to on occasion switch up your beauty products. Generally, when I find a great facial moisturizer, I stick with it for months on end. It can take weeks before you start to see a dramatic change, and once you see a positive change in your skin, you’ll want to stick to that product to ensure great and long-lasting results. When shopping for a facial moisturizer try to avoid products containing petrolatum.
What am I currently using? I’ve recently discovered Anavita – THE BEST Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream – Peptide Rich Anti-Aging Day and Night Facial Cream to Visibly Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles, Improve Elasticity, Even Skin Tone. Clinically Tested Ingredients Work by Rebuilding the Cellular Matrix. Face, Neck & Decollete Moisturizer for Women or Men. At my age, I need all the continuing help I can get especially for fine line and wrinkles.
I especially like that I can use Anavita directly under my eyes as well. Its formula is perfect for fine lines and wrinkles under and around the eyes.
Here are some details about the product:
- HREE CLINICALLY TESTED ingredients – unique super-absorbent hyaluronic acid + Argireline (5%) + Matrixyl – make this anti aging, anti wrinkle cream for face & neck the absolute most effective anti-wrinkle cream available
- PROVEN TO STIMULATE COLLAGEN & reduce fine lines & deep wrinkles so you can avoid more expensive procedures like facelifts or Botox injections
- HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS ALLOW FOR A RANGE OF USES – anti-wrinkle cream, moisturizer, day cream, night cream, peptide cream, makeup base
- CRUELTY-FREE anti-wrinkle cream does not clog pores & contains NO parabens, sulfates or drying alcohol – Non-irritating + safe for all skin types with visible results in 2 to 4 weeks & continuing improvement for 12 weeks (sometimes even sooner)
- GUARANTEED TO LEAVE YOUR SKIN FIRMER, tighter, more evenly toned, moisturized & more youthful looking by rebuilding the cellular matrix – If other people don’t comment on your improved appearance within thirty days, we’ll give you your money back!
The difference from using Anavita is astounding! As you can see from the clinical trial below, fine lines and wrinkles are greatly reduced.
3. Makeup Removal: I can’t stress the importance enough about removing your makeup properly before bedtime. Never ever go to sleep with any makeup on your face or eyes. It’s a guaranteed facial disaster waiting to happen. Not removing your makeup will clog your pores and prevent the skin from renewing itself naturally at night, causing blackheads, acne, and dullness. Not removing your eye makeup can also lead to eye irritation too! So, be sure to remove all of your makeup before you hit the sheets!
4. PM Routine: After thoroughly cleansing my skin of all signs of makeup. I repeat the same moisturizing routine as I did in the morning sans the exfoliating. To remove my eye makeup, I use and like several different makeup removers which I will detail in an upcoming post. I also use facial cleansing wipes first before I use a facial cleansing cream to remove my face makeup. Then, I apply a toner to my face and neck area before moisturizing. After your skin is clean and free of all signs of makeup, then apply your moisturizers. This is when I bask in the luxury of Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream once again.
If you follow these 4 simple rules of taking care of your skin – your skin will take care of you!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post 4 Easy Steps To Ensure Beautifully Healthy Skin & Giveaway! please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!