Keeping your skin in good shape is as important as keeping your overall health in check. Beautifully healthy skin takes some work but it’s very well worth it. Furthermore, It doesn’t take much to ensure that you are doing your best to keep your skin young and healthy. It’s as easy as following a simple daily routine.
I know for a fact that my skin is in great shape today because of healthy skincare habits and sticking to them each day. It’s no great mystery that if you take care of your skin, the payoff is a lifetime’s worth of healthy glowing skin. It’s not only about what you eat but about your skincare routine as well. As I stated in past posts, I have my mom to thank for my beauty routine habits. I never miss a day without practicing my routine, and my skin is proof that it works.
A skincare routine That Works For Beautifully Healthy Skin
1. Protect Your Skin: It’s so easy to forget to protect your skin. Damaging UV radiation from the sun is the number-one cause of skin cancer, but UV light from tanning beds is just as harmful. WebMD recommends taking the following precautions daily.
- Apply sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or greater (for UVB protection) and zinc oxide (for UVA protection) 20 minutes before sun exposure and every 2 hours thereafter, more if you are sweating or swimming.
- Select clothing, cosmetic products, and contact lenses that offer UV protection.
- Wear sunglasses with total UV protection and a wide-brimmed hat to shade your face and neck.
- Avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible during peak UV radiation hours (between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.).
- Perform skin self-exams regularly (at least monthly) to become familiar with existing growths and to notice any changes or new growths.
- Eighty percent of a person’s lifetime sun exposure is acquired before age 18. As a parent, be a good role model and foster skin cancer prevention habits in your child.
2. AM Routine: These are the daily steps I take before applying makeup to my skin.
While you’re in the shower, it’s the perfect opportunity to use an exfoliating product. While I’m showering, I take the opportunity to exfoliate twice a week. Moreover, I prefer the gritty type as they generally do a fine job of removing dead skin. Additionally, I have semi-sensitive skin, but it still needs good scrubbing to ensure the removal of all dead skin cells.
However, I would recommend starting with a mild exfoliant to test the threshold of your skin and how it reacts to varying exfoliating products. I find twice a week works out perfectly for my skin, but remember, your skin might need to use them more or less than I do. That’s why it’s a good idea to start slowly and see exactly what your skin needs first.
There are many different types of facial scrubs on the market, ranging in price from under $5 to the hundreds. Choose a product that you’ve researched first. I have several I switch around, and if you need some help deciding, please leave a comment asking for a recommendation, and I will be happy to suggest some of my favorites.
After my shower and exfoliating routine, it’s important to get moisture back into your skin. I use a few different products to make sure my skin gets a lot of moisture. My routine consists of three primary product types. For example, I use eye cream, serum, and facial moisturizer. I only use face creams under my eyes that stipulate that you can on the instructions. Since the skin under your eyes is very fragile and thinner than the rest of your face, it requires a cream developed for under-eye care.
Under-eye creams can have a different composition than your face creams. Eye creams typically tend to be lighter and less greasy than other moisturizers. They also are formulated to be extra mild since the area around the eyes is particularly sensitive to irritation. And this generally means that eye creams are formulated without common irritants, such as fragrance, and should also be ophthalmologist tested, which means the product is safe around the eyes.
Face serums are generally a lightweight moisturizer that penetrates deeper to deliver active ingredients into your skin. I always use serums because they can give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, make pores appear smaller, and increase moisture levels when used regularly.
I notice that when I use serums daily, they boost my skin’s natural moisture – and that’s a must for me as my skin tends to be on the dry side. If your skin is oily, using serums has been known to promote the skin’s natural ability to create a balance that’s needed when your skin is either too dry or too oily. I apply my serum after I apply eye cream. Then I wait a few minutes for the next step, which is using a facial moisturizer.
This is an integral part of my routine. Also, it’s important to switch up your beauty products from time to time. Generally, when I find a great facial moisturizer, I stick with it for months on end. It can take weeks before you start to see a dramatic change, and once you see a positive difference in your skin, you’ll want to stick to that product to ensure great and long-lasting results. When shopping for a facial moisturizer, try to avoid products containing petrolatum.
What am I currently using? I’ve recently discovered Anavita – THE BEST Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream – Peptide Rich Anti-Aging Day and Night Facial Cream to Visibly Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles, Improve Elasticity, Even Skin Tone. Clinically Tested Ingredients Work by Rebuilding the Cellular Matrix. Face, Neck & Decollete Moisturizer for Women or Men. I need all the continuing help I can get at my age, especially for fine lines and wrinkles.
I especially like that I can use Anavita directly under my eyes as well. Its formula is perfect for fine lines and wrinkles under and around the eyes.
Here are some details about the product:
- HREE CLINICALLY TESTED ingredients – unique super-absorbent hyaluronic acid + Argireline (5%) + Matrixyl – make this anti aging, anti wrinkle cream for face & neck the absolute most effective anti-wrinkle cream available
- PROVEN TO STIMULATE COLLAGEN & reduce fine lines & deep wrinkles so you can avoid more expensive procedures like facelifts or Botox injections
- HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS ALLOW FOR A RANGE OF USES – anti-wrinkle cream, moisturizer, day cream, night cream, peptide cream, makeup base
- CRUELTY-FREE anti-wrinkle cream does not clog pores & contains NO parabens, sulfates or drying alcohol – Non-irritating + safe for all skin types with visible results in 2 to 4 weeks & continuing improvement for 12 weeks (sometimes even sooner)
- GUARANTEED TO LEAVE YOUR SKIN FIRMER, tighter, more evenly toned, moisturized & more youthful looking by rebuilding the cellular matrix – If other people don’t comment on your improved appearance within thirty days, we’ll give you your money back!
The difference from using Anavita is astounding! As you can see from the clinical trial below, fine lines and wrinkles reduce greatly.
3. Makeup Removal
Furthermore, I can’t stress enough importance of removing your makeup properly before bedtime. Never go to sleep with any makeup on your face or eyes. It’s a guaranteed facial disaster waiting to happen. Not removing your makeup will clog your pores and prevent the skin from renewing naturally at night, causing blackheads, acne, and dullness.
Not removing your eye makeup can also lead to eye irritation too! So, be sure to remove all of your makeup before you hit the sheets! Beautifully healthy skin means keeping your skin clean and removing all makeup residue.
4. Your PM Routine – The Benefits Of Beautifully Healthy Skin
After thoroughly cleansing my skin of all signs of makeup. Then, I repeat the same moisturizing routine as I did in the morning sans the exfoliating. Next, I use several makeup removers to remove my eye makeup, which I will detail in an upcoming post. I also use facial cleansing wipes first before using a facial cleansing cream to remove my face makeup.
Then, I apply a toner to my face and neck area before moisturizing. After your skin is clean and free of all signs of makeup, then use your moisturizers. More so, this is when I bask in the luxury of Anavita Moisturizing Anti-Wrinkle Cream once again. You can have beautifully healthy skin by making sure you take good care of your skin too!
If you follow these four simple rules of taking care of your skin – your skin will take care of you! And beautifully healthy skin is just a few steps away.