When it comes to creating unique ice cream flavors it’s not always easy to think outside the box. If you want to be a hit at your next outdoor party, check out these recipes. More so, Ice cream always makes a hit and serves as one of the best refreshments especially if it’s infused with extraordinary ingredients.
Unique Ice Cream Flavors Always Bring Smiles
There are numerous ice cream flavors you can choose from, and which you can get almost anywhere or make yourself. There are also healthy variants available if you are wellness conscious.
Ideally, ice cream is a perfect dessert option during different occasions, such as an outdoor party wherein the temperature can get a little hot.
Below, you’ll find some unique ice cream flavors you may offer your guests for your next outdoor party!
1. Sour Cream Ice Cream
For example, what’s great about sour cream ice cream is that it’s something you can easily whip up yourself. For this, you’ll only need four ingredients: lemon, sour cream, half-and-half creamer, and sugar.
Here are the steps to creating a delectable sour cream ice cream:
- Combine one-pound sour cream and one cup half-and-half in your ice cream maker machine. Half-and-half is a kind of creamer that consists of half cream and half milk. In the UK, half-and-half goes by the name single cream or half cream. This ingredient is available in the dairy section of grocery stores.
- Then, whisk in 1 ½ cup sugar and add two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Whisk to combine the ingredients well before processing it in your ice cream maker machine.
- Lastly, put it in your freezer overnight to make it ready for your outdoor party.
If you want to put a little twist to this already exciting variant, you may also have it in fried ice cream form and it would taste as good, and even better!
2. Roasted Turmeric And Candied Ginger Ice Cream – Truly Unique Ice Cream Flavors
Ideally, turmeric might seem like a weird ice cream flavor you never knew you needed until you get to try it. Why not? It’s vegan and gluten-free, which is undoubtedly healthy.
You’ll only need the following ingredients if you want to make it at home:
- 2-inch peeled knob of ginger + 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 2-inch peeled knob of turmeric + 1/4 cup grated turmeric
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 (15oz) full-fat cans coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (or 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
When you’re ready and set, you can make your homemade roasted turmeric and candied ginger ice cream:
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of coconut milk with arrowroot powder until it forms into a thick slurry texture, then set aside.
- Heat the rest of maple syrup, coconut milk, grated turmeric, turmeric knob, and ginger knob in a small saucepan. Boil in low heat, then cover until all the ingredients combine perfectly together. Let it cool.
- Strain the turmeric and ginger through a fine-mesh sieve, then return to the saucepan and whisk in the slurry mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Remove from heat, then mix in sea salt, grated ginger, and crystallized ginger.
- Lastly, let the mixture cool down completely, then refrigerate for five to six hours or overnight before putting it in your ice cream maker.
3. Coconut Curry Ice Cream
Moreover, coconut is a popular ice cream flavor, but curry? For your information, an ice cream store in North Carolina called The Parlor first created this variant.
Additionally, because of its unexpected success, they have been serving this ice cream flavor regularly ever since. Now, other countries have followed suit.
The spicy kick of curry makes this ice cream variant extraordinary, while the coconut balances things out with its sweetness.
Thus, your guest would thoroughly enjoy this flavor, particularly by experimental adults, at your outdoor party. If you want to give it more saltiness, add some roasted cashews.
In particular, you can check out the full Coconut Curry Ice Cream Recipe and give it a whirl making it too!
4. Pineapple Cilantro Ice Cream
We all love the taste of pineapple but when mixed with cilantro, maybe not!
However, pineapple there’s nothing unique about it when used as a sole ice cream ingredient. Thus, surprise your guests with pineapple cilantro ice cream.
When you combine these two, you can make your ice cream exciting, interesting, refreshing, and delectably light.
It’s even perfect for summer outdoor parties. Most importantly, it’s a wonderful palate cleanser between meals. With this, your guests will feel like they’re on an island, relaxing and enjoying the sun.
How about trying these yummy Pineapple Cilantro Ice Pops instead? They sure look delicious and easy to make.
BONUS TIP: Pineapple plus cilantro also make awesome smoothies.
5. Tomato Ice Cream
Tomato ice cream may sound truly weird at first, but it’s actually quite tempting to try.
For instance, in order to maximize the power and exquisiteness of tomatoes as an ice cream flavor, you need to turn them into a fine pulp.
After boiling the tomatoes, strain the seeds. Then, you’ll need to combine it with heavy whipping cream and milk. You can also add sugar or honey as a natural sweetener.
- First, dip tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Then, discard water and peel the tomatoes. Discard the seeds and reserve the pulp.
- Next, churn the tomato pulp, sugar, ginger powder, and milk powder into a smooth paste (without adding any water).
- Fold in the cream and honey and whisk gently for 10 mins till smooth.
- Freeze in an airtight plastic container.
- When a bit frozen, take out and whisk slowly for 10 more mins and refreeze.
- Freeze overnight.
In addition, this ice cream flavor would be perfect even for kids who hate tomatoes. Based on the image below, it really does look delicious!
Unique Ice Cream Flavors Conclusion
There is an endless list of ice cream flavors around the world, and for an occasion as exciting as an outdoor party.
More so, you can serve your guests the most delectable ice cream flavors to keep the momentum going. The ice cream flavors enumerated above are sure to thrill the taste buds of your guests, kids and adults alike.
Furthermore, you can easily create any one of those yourself. All you need is a little creativity.
Don’t Forget To PIN Your Inspiration By Using The Image Below!
Don’t forget to read 3 Peach Recipes That Are Easy & Perfect In The Summer too!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Viglink, and other Associate Affiliate Programs. Affiliate advertising programs like these provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to these affiliated sites at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this article, Unique Ice Cream Flavors For Your Next Outdoor Party, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!