They turned out to be the most tender, moist, and jam-packed (literally) muffins I’ve ever had or made.
Jam Filled Walnut Muffin Recipe
I love to bake. It’s such a great way to forget all of your woes and focus on something that turns out to have an end result that delicious. It’s a win-win if you ask me. I’m always looking to put a twist on one of my favorite recipes and that’s exactly what I did with these muffins. Adding walnuts was the perfect way to top these delicious nuggets. If you love nuts and jam then you are going to flip over this recipe.
I love homemade goods and when the recipe is easy there’s more reason to enjoy it. You get to bake from scratch while not having to deal with a recipe that is overly complicated. And, these are ingredients that most of us have already handy in our kitchens.
As soon as they came out of the oven, I cut one in half and split it with my husband. Not a minute later I heard him asking me if he could have a whole one please; that’s when I knew this recipe was golden. The first bite leaves you awestruck and begging for more. And with a hot cup of tea, trumpets play from above. Well, not really, but you get the point. I hope you get to bake them too. I promise they will be your favorite too!
Of course, I used my favorite jam to make these muffins from Kauffman’s Fruit Farm. I always make sure I have plenty on hand! Their jams and jellies are simply the best! I make sure I make something delicious with these jams at least once a week. They are so good for everything and I adore these local artisan jams!
Makes you want to reach through the screen right?
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 teaspoon walnut extract - almond works perfectly fine too.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup jam
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Use muffin liner or spray or butter into a muffin tin
- Whisk the milk, eggs, and sugar together in a bowl. You can use a mixer on slow as well.
- Whisk in the melted and cooled butter and extract. Make sure the butter is cooled.
- In another bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Fold in the wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups
- Fill each muffin about ¾ full.
- Mix the jam in a bowl to blend and smooth it out.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of jam in the middle of each muffin – be careful not to use too much jam. I used a little less than a tablespoon.
- With back of a spoon, make a little well in the center of the muffin batter filling it with the jam.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a tablespoon of the chopped walnuts.
- Bake the muffins on the center rack of the oven for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before turning out and cooling completely.
Here’s some pics to help you along with the process.
Wet ingredients first of course.
Make sure your butter is melted and cooled before adding to the wet ingredients.
Wisk the dry next.
Blend the wet and dry together. I like to use a fork and not a mixer for this part. You don’t want to over-blend here.
This is what the batter should look like when mixed well.
Fill your muffin cups 3/4 the way up.
Make little wells with the back of your spoon for the jam. Fill that well with about 3/4 teaspoon of your favorite berry jam or preserves. Don’t overfill or use too much jam. You want that jam right in the middle of your muffins.
Chop your walnuts but not too finely.
Top each muffin with the walnuts.
This is what they look like right out of the oven.
Cool them on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes.
Dig in and enjoy!
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments sections below!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting and if you like this post Jam Filled Walnut Muffin Recipe please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!
[irp posts=”9751″ name=”The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Cookie Recipe”]
[irp posts=”9333″ name=”Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies Recipe”]
*I am partnering with Kauffman’s Fruit Farm as a blog ambassador. I have received complimentary products from Kauffman’s Fruit Farm, however, all opinions remain completely my own.*