The Most Delicious Beef and Broccoli Crock-Pot Recipe
Believe it or not, this is the very first time I’ve ever used a Crock-Pot. Yep – for some reason, slow cookers never appealed to me. Well, was I wrong! The very first dinner I made, Beef and Broccoli with Rice, nearly blew us away. It was that good! I’m sure there are loads of Crock-Pot recipes out there but, I improvised a few things along the way to create this delicious dish. I hope you enjoy the most delicious Beef and Broccoli Crock-Pot Recipe as much as we did.
The leftovers are even better so be sure to make extra. Speaking of leftovers – I made extra brown gravy for this recipe so if you don’t want or need that much gravy, just cut the recipe down to your liking.
First, I’d like to give a (non-sponsored) shout-out to Crock-Pot. I am really enjoying it and love the ease of use. It’s literally a one button process. Here’s a link to the very same model in case you were mulling over getting one.
This one comes with a Little Dipper Warmer too! Crock-Pot® 7 qt. Slow Cooker with Little Dipper® Warmer – I am really loving how easy it is to use and how amazing my recipes are turning out!
Now, for the recipe – enjoy!
- About 2 pounds beef – I used top round already pre-cut
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons of either EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) or sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic – I used the pre-minced one in the jar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup of flour
- 4 cups broccoli florets – I use frozen
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- White rice - cooked
- Add the beef broth, oil, garlic, paprika, soy sauce, and brown sugar to the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the beef and mix well
- About an hour into cooking, add the flour mixture with about 1 cup of water to dissolve the four mixture well.
- Add flour mixture to broth and stir well and continue cooking.
- Totally cooking time might vary. Cover with the lid and cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours or on low for about 5 hours until the meat is cooked through and tender.
- Remember that slow cooker temperatures vary between each cooker which means that cooking time might vary so be sure to check it about an hour before it’s done.
- Remove the lid approximately 30 minutes before the meat is done to allow sauce to thicken.
- If it’s too thick you can add some water to make it thinner. I didn’t have to but it depends on how thick you like your gravy.
- Add the steamed broccoli about 15 minutes before it’s ready and serve hot over rice.
Once you thicken the sauce with flour, that’s where the magic happens.
Success Rice is our favorite instant rice to use. I love how easy the boil-in-bag is. It’s perfect for this quick and easy recipe!
The spices, the beef, the veggie, and the gravy, all come together to make this incredible Beef and Broccoli recipe!
If you have any questions or comments about this post, please leave them in the comment section below.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, The Most Delicious Beef and Broccoli Crock-Pot Recipe , subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!
[irp posts=”12588″ name=”Fried Blue Stone Crabs In Savory Tomato Sauce Over Pasta Recipe”]