Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe
Chicken, we all love it. We can turn chicken into a magical meal that’s quick and easy! There is one dish I make at least twice a month – Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom and Onion Cream Sauce. My hubby starts the meal off with the usual ranking. “From 1 to 10, it’s a 10”, he says. I always ask him to rank meals when I cook. Silly, I know, but it keeps me on my toes. I always like knowing how a meal ranked this way I can gauge what I did differently. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this recipe. I know we do! It’s off the hook amazing!
- 1. 4 pounds of skinless and boneless chicken cutlets
- 2. 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt and Pepper
- 3. 1/2 cup flour for dredging and 2 tablespoons for making the sauce
- 4. 4 eggs for dredging
- 5. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6. 1/4 cup olive oil or any oil will do
- 7. 4 Tbsp butter
- 8. 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 9. 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms sliced or chopped however you prefer them
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Secret ingredient: One can of Progresso Vegetable Classics Creamy Mushroom
- Dredge cutlets into egg and flour.
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown
- Prepare Mushrooms by frying them in a separate pan with about two tablespoons of butter.
- In a large frying pan, use the leftover oil from cutlets and begin to make the sauce.
- Add the flower to leftover oil from cutlets to start thickening
- Add mushrooms
- Add heavy cream
- Add chicken broth
- Stir constantly until the sauce begins to thicken
- Add mushroom soup
- Cook mixture for about 10 minutes until it develops a creamy consistency
Here are some pictures of the process:
I hope you get to make this dish. It will be a slam-dunk for sure!