Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce Recipe
Chicken, we all love it. We can turn chicken into a magical meal that’s quick and easy! There is one dish I make at least twice a month – Chicken Cutlets with Mushroom and Onion Cream Sauce.
My hubby starts the meal off with the usual ranking. “From 1 to 10, it’s a 10”, he says. I always ask him to rank meals when I cook. Silly, I know, but it keeps me on my toes.
I always like knowing how a meal ranked this way I can gauge what I did differently. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this recipe. I know we do! It’s off the hook amazing!
- 4 pounds of skinless and boneless chicken cutlets
- 2. 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt and Pepper
- 3. 1/2 cup flour for dredging and 2 tablespoons for making the sauce
- 4. 4 eggs for dredging
- 5. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6. 1/4 cup olive oil or any oil will do
- 7. 4 Tbsp butter
- 8. 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 9. 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms sliced or chopped however you prefer them
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Secret ingredient: One can of Progresso Vegetable Classics Creamy Mushroom
Dredge cutlets into egg and flour.
Fry on medium heat until golden brown
Prepare Mushrooms by frying them in a separate pan with about two tablespoons of butter.
In a large frying pan, use the leftover oil from cutlets and begin to make the sauce.
Add the flower to leftover oil from cutlets to start thickening
Add heavy cream
Add chicken broth
Stir constantly until the sauce begins to thicken
Add mushroom soup
Cook mixture for about 10 minutes until it develops a creamy consistency
Here are some pictures of the process:
I hope you get to make this dish. It will be a slam-dunk for sure!