Shrimp Scampi – So Delicious You’ll Make It Every Week!
When it comes to seafood, my favorite recipe is definitely Shrimp Scampi. There are so many variations on how to make it, and I know this recipe is always perfectly delicious for us.
This Shrimp Scampi recipe is perfect for those nights when you crave something delicious but you just don’t have the time to be spending over the stove for hours. You can have this dish ready within a 1/2 hour and it’s super easy to make too. We make this dish weekly – it’s that good! We love making seafood dishes and this Fried Blue Stone Crabs In Savory Tomato Sauce Over Pasta is another one of our favorites – talk about amazing!
Even if you are not a huge seafood lover, your mouth will love the intense flavors this dish brings. It’s loaded with garlic which means brush really good after eating, and don’t kiss anyone that matters when you are done eating :p
Here’s the recipe you sassy seafood sweetie!
What You Will Need
- 20 jumbo shrimps
- 1/2 oil (we use olive oil)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic (minced fine)
- 1 teaspoon of parsley (minced)
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 3-4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 white wine (not sweet more dry)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Angel hair or linguine (you can cook the whole pound depending on how many people you are serving)
- In a skillet, add olive oil and heat for about 2 mins on a low flame
- Add cleaned (fresh not frozen) and devained shrimp and cook on each side for at least 1 minute to a 1 minute and a half
- Add garlic, parsley, and lemon zest to shrimp
- Cook for 2 mins and make sure to stir while cooking
- Add butter to mixture
- Add wine
- Continue cooking for a few more minutes until golden brown
- Add cooked pasta into mixture and stir for at least another minute
- Plate pasta and add shrimp from skillet
- You can also add some extra parsley and lemon zest over the top of each plate
Depending on how many shrimp you make, that's how much pasta you will need. Don't use a whole pound of pasta if you are only making enough for two people :)
I know you are going to love this recipe. Even though it’s a pasta dish, it still feels like a light meal. The scampi sauce is why – it’s fresh and airy even though it’s covered in garlic. The wonderful lemon flavor pops through and the kick of white wine seals the deal!
Let me know if you have any questions about this recipe and bon appetit!
Don’t forget to read Meatball Parmigiana – The Best You’ll Ever Eat!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Shrimp Scampi – So Delicious You’ll Make It Every Week!, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!