If you love homemade pasta sauce but want to avoid the hassle, this recipe is for you. It’s easy and delicious, and the leftovers taste amazing. Why buy pasta sauce in a jar when you can make it yourself? Plus, with this recipe, you can avoid cooking it for hours. After you try this easy method, you’ll never make your sauce any other way.
Odds Are You’ll Love This Recipe
Let’s face it. Not everyone has the same taste, especially when it comes to making homemade pasta sauce. After years of trying various recipes, I found the secret to making a hassle-free and delicious recipe. Furthermore, the leftovers taste amazing, and the sauce clings to the pasta perfectly.
However, I think you’ll love this recipe as much as I do. So don’t forget to check out our other delicious recipes while you are too. More importantly, I created a step-by-step video you can watch so you make it just right!
Watch The Step-By-Step Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe Below
- 2 Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can Of Tomato Sauce (you can add another can of tomato sauce for larger batches)
- 2 Cans Of Tomato Paste (you can also use garlic-infused tomato paste. If you can't find it, use the generic unflavored paste)
- 1 Cup Of Red Or White Dry Wine
- 3 Tablespoons Of Sugar (raw or turbinado sugar, or you can use white sugar)
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic
- 1 Large Onion
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- If you like your sauce a little thinner, you can add a cup and a half of water during the cooking process
- Be Sure And Watch My Video Tutorial For Step-By-Step Instructions
- Sauté Garlic And Onion (medium flame) In Olive Oil For About 3 Minutes until golden brown
- Add Canned Tomatoes – stir well
- Add Tomato Paste One Can At A Time – stir well
- Add Sugar And Spices And Wine
- Stir Well - Let Cook For About 45 Minutes on low flame
- You Can Add Your Favorite Meats Or Enjoy As Is
- Serve Over Your Choice Of Pasta And Enjoy!
Make Extra And Freeze Your Homemade Pasta Sauce Leftovers
Once you make this homemade pasta sauce, you’ll make it every week. Additionally, don’t forget to make extra so you can freeze the rest of your homemade pasta sauce and save time and energy. If your storage containers look old and ready to go into the garbage, try these Rubbermaid 60-Piece Food Storage Containers with Lids. Shoppers love them; they seem the best choice, with over 92,000 five-star reviews.
In addition, you can always double the recipe and have enough to save for months. Finally, it’s the perfect hassle-free way to have your sauce ready to go, especially on those hectic and chaotic days when you don’t feel like cooking.
This sauce works perfectly over any pasta you prefer. I love it over mini ravioli or manicotti. Honestly, I love it over anything, especially when I make my Eggplant Parmigiana recipe which is absolutely delicious.
However, if you love meatballs, you need to try my Meatball Parmigiana recipe too!
As they say in Italian, buon appetito (enjoy your food), and I hope you discover how delicious and easy this homemade pasta sauce recipe is to make.
Don’t Forget To Pin Your Inspiration!
If you are a strawberry lover, you will flip over these delicious Strawberry Recipes. Strawberries are delectable little bites of heaven and when featured in a dessert, they make for some of our favorite treats especially during the summer months.