Apple Pear And Apricot Jam Pastries
I adapted this recipe from I don’t know where. I probably saw something like and decided to add the pears and apricot jam. It’s easy to make and stores nicely in a plastic container but is best devoured the same day. There is one dessert recipe that never fails at home and that’s anything with apples and pears.
I wanted to make something light and airy, yet packed with a fruity punch! Since my hubby doesn’t like overly sweet desserts, I knew I had scored with this dessert!
- 1 sheet puff pastry - you can use the premade type
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 apples, medium-size are best
- 2 pears - any type you prefer
- 1 cup apricot preserve
- 1 egg for glazing pastry
- Raw sugar for sprinkling on top
- Unfold pastry sheet
- Place apricot jam and water into a pan and heat on low until jam liquifies
- Cut pastry into squares - you can decide how big you want each square.
- Peel, core and slice apples and pears into about 1/2 inch thickness
- Place fruit on top of pastry
- Be sure to pinch the edges of the pastry so as to keep fruit from falling out
- Brush pastry with egg
- Brush tops fruit with apricot jam - I made sure to brush each one heavily.
- Bake at 4oo degrees for 20 minutes or until pastry turns golden.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack for cooling.
- Sprinkle a touch of raw sugar over the top of each pastry
It might not be as pretty as some but trust me, it was absolutely delicious! It’s best to eat this the same day but I did store a few for the next day and they were just as good. The pastry is not as crispy as it was on day one, but the taste was still crispy and yummy.
I hope you get to enjoy this easy and delicious dessert too!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post Apple Pear And Apricot Jam Pastries please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!