Sausage, Cabbage, & Onions Recipe With A Yum Factor of 10
Fast, easy, and every so delicious! That’s what you are in for with this yummy dish! We love meals that have that Yum Factor of 10 and if you love Sausage, cabbage, and onions – then you are in for a treat. The combination of all these flavors packs an awesome dinner punch and it’s great for leftovers too.
Reheating this dish is very easy and microwave friendly. Once that cabbage is cooked down and marries with the rest of the ingredients, you are in for a wonderfully hearty meal that’s great for any night of the week.
You can use your Dutch Oven or a frying pan – whichever suits your needs. I always like to use a frying pan for the cabbage and onions and of course, I bake the sausage first to ensure it’s nice and crispy first before incorporating them with the veggies.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil - we use Canola
- 1 medium green cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 lb sausage - you can use any brand or flavor you like
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt (or to taste)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- You can also add any spice to this dish you like
- Chop/slice the sausage, cabbage, and onion.
- In a large non-stick skillet, pre-cook the sliced sausage about 5 minutes to the point they are nice and brown. You can also bake the sausage. That's the method we prefer.
- In a skillet, add the cooking oil then add cabbage and onion and cook on medium-high for about 5 minutes stirring until cabbage starts to wilt.
- Add butter and continue cooking for another 2 mins
- Add remaining ingredients and the sausage.
- Cover the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover, and finish cooking until cabbage is desired tenderness and most of liquid has been reduced.
After your sausage is mostly cooked and crispy on the outside, cut them into medium-sized pieces.
Once the cabbage starts to get soft – add the onions.
Then, I add some butter over the top of both to ensure the cabbage and onions brown perfectly
Add the sausage into the mix and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Now, sit down, relax and enjoy this savory meal!
Also, be sure to leave any questions you might have in the comments section below as I always reply!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post Sausage, Cabbage, & Onions Recipe With A Yum Factor of 10 please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!