Onion, Garlic, Eggs, and Pasta Recipe – The Perfect Italian Peasant Dish!
If there one dish we love its Italian Peasant Dishes. That being said, Onion, Garlic, Eggs, and Pasta is one of our favorites. see why and how easy it is to make – and inexpensive too! I was raised on Italian food and when I got married, my MIL taught me how delicious, easy and inexpensive peasant dishes were to make.
And that’s where they became a staple in our meal planning. Peasant dishes are the Italian equivalent of what one might call Peasant Food in English – In Italian, it is Cucina Povera, i.e. poor (or frugal) cooking. Yes, they are inexpensive to make but don’t let that fool you – you will find they are served in high-end Italian restaurants all over and translated into costly menu items.
Today, I’d like to show you how to create one of these peasant dishes that is perfect for any occasion and a real crowd-pleaser – even the kids love it!
- 6-7 Large Eggs
- 1 Pound of Any Pasta of Your Choice
- 1 Cup of Canola Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Large Onion
- Dash of Garlic Powder and Onion Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese for Topping (or any cheese of your choice)
- Place the pasta in boiled water - add a few drops of oil to the water and some salt
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic.
- Once the garlic browns, add the onions - let them both brown nicely
- Add the eggs into the mixture and cook until done
- Add additional spices
- Drain the pasta and toss all ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Be sure to drain the extra oil before adding it to your pasta. You can leave a little bit in for taste.
Be sure to drain the extra oil before adding it to your pasta. You can leave a little bit in for taste.
I hope you get to try this delicious and easy meal. It’s really wallet-friendly and everyone loves it!
Also, be sure to leave any questions you might have in the comments section below – I always reply!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this – Onion, Garlic, Eggs, and Pasta Recipe – The Perfect Italian Peasant Dish – post please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!