We all know the winter season means cooking up a delicious Homemade Hearty Beef Stew Recipe, right?
This recipe is simply the best, and I use a special ingredient that makes it even better!
Why This Homemade Beef Stew Recipe Is Simply Delicious
We all love using our crockpots, right? Well, I must admit, I do too but there are times when stovetop cooking is the way to go.
There are certain recipes that deserve the stovetop and for good reason. In the past, I would make my beef stew recipe in my slow cooker and well, when I compare them, there’s no comparison.
More so, while the slow cooker version was delicious, the stovetop version is so much better.
Also, I use an ingredient that not many folks use when cooking Beef Stew. While you might use it in your recipe and it’s not a surprise, many folks seem to leave out.
So, what is it? Wine! Yep, and wow. It truly transforms the recipes and the amount you use matters as well.
With that said, let’s get to this delicious stew recipe. I know you’ll enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 Pounds Beef Cubes (Top round preferred Trimmed and Cubed)
- 1 Bunch Celery - peeled and chopped into small cubes (by a bunch I mean a typical grocery store bag)
- 1 Bunch Carrots - peeled and chopped into small cubes (by a bunch I mean a typical grocery store bag)
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion - chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley - chopped
- 6-8 Cups of Beef Broth
- 1 Can (6oz) of Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Red Dry Wine (Preferably Merlot or dry wine)
- 4 Cups of Water
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Cornstarch for thickening
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes (You can omit but the flakes add a little spicy wonderful flavor)
- 1/4 Canola Oil
- 1 Bag of Yukon Gold Potatoes (You can use russet potatoes and peel and cut them into larger sections but I just love the baby Yukon. Plus, you can leave the tasty skins on!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Bag of No Yolk Wide Noodles
- In a large stockpot, (medium heat) saute the beef and onions in oil until golden brown.
- Lower flame - add about two tablespoons of flour and beef broth.
- Add vegetables and let cook for about 15 mins.
- Add wine, make sure you stir the mixture
- Add tomato paste and stir well.
- Add water
- Add potatoes
- Add all spices
- Cover and let cook for about an hour stirring at least every 12-15 mins.
- When the potatoes and vegetables are soft enough to easily cut with a fork, make a flour and water mixture.
- Add flour and water mixture and stir well. (I typically use about one cup of water and add the flour and mix very well)
- Add cornstarch and water mixture and stir until the sauce thickens to your liking.
- We prefer a thick sauce and depending on how thick you like your sauce, you might have to add more cornstarch.
- Cooke Noodles and serve the stew over them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1174Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 10976mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 99g
The leftovers are incredible! Here’s a picture of what the leftovers look like the next day.
This beef stew recipe is so delicious and perfect as a comfort food too. It’s so good for the cold-weather blues as well.
You’ll Love It Too!
I know you will love this recipe as much as we do. It’s pretty easy to make and you can freeze a batch as well.
There are certain recipes we all enjoy during the cold winter months, and this is one of them!
And, if you have picky kids, they will enjoy this too. The thick sauce seems to hide the veggies too.
Make sure you get a nice loaf of Italian bread to dip into the savory gravy. It’s good to the last bite!
Don’t Forget To PIN Your Inspiration By Using The Image Below!
Also, be sure to read Eggplant Parmesan- Why This Recipe Is Simply The Best too!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this article, Homemade Hearty Beef Stew Recipe – So Delicious & Comforting, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!