We love a good Beef Stew and this Crock Pot recipe is simply the most hearty and delicious I’ve ever made. It’s easy and hearty and perfect for the cold winter months.
The leftovers are amazing. We even freeze a batch and it’s just as good as when you first make it.
This recipe is one I’ve used my whole life and we always know it’s going to be a slam dunk every time.
Depending on my mood, I will add a variety of veggies to it and I often switch them up. I’ve added corn, celery, broccoli and yep, green beans too. So, don’t forget to add your favorite ones as well.
Enjoy the recipe!
- 2 pounds beef stew meat – cut into medium sized cubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 32oz beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups baby carrots – I like to use the baby carrots
- 4-5 medium red potatoes, cut into medium-sized cubes - about 3 cups or so
- 1 tablespoon Italian Season
- 1/2 cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 2 Packets of Brown Gravy Mix
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Brown Seasoning – You can use Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet browning & seasoning sauce
1. Combine all ingredient in Crock Pot. Mix the brown gravy mix packets as per directions and add to mix. Cook on LOW for 10 hours or on HIGH for about 7 hours.
2. About 30 minutes before serving, mix the liquid brown seasoning, flour, and the water together in a small plastic container and shake well to mix and pour into the crock-pot. Mix until well combined. This will add a nice thickness to the stew.
Serve over extra wide noodles or eat as is.
It’s so super easy to make this recipe in your slow cooker.
We love extra gravy so I always make more than the recipe calls for.
It’s divine over noodles or as is.
The leftovers are insanely delicious too. Be sure to make extra.
Pin It For Later!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Crock Pot Thick And Hearty Beef Stew Recipe, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!