When life gives you lemons be sure and make Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
Everything lemon is always delicious – whether it’s a dinner dish or dessert, lemons always add a bouquet of color, flavor, and packs a delicious punch to any recipe!
Before I share this recipe I wanted to share a mini baking disaster with you first. I decided to bake this on a whim as I had an urge for something lemony – it was around dinner time, and I was trying to rush and have this done in time for prepping dinner. I grabbed all the ingredients and set them all on the counter and was ready to go.
Last month, I decided to label all the plastic canisters that house things like flour, sugar, etc and felt so organized and sassy about it all. Not paying attention, I accidentally grabbed the confectioners’ sugar thinking it was flour and in it went into the mix.
As it was baking, I noticed it looked way too bubbly for a pound cake. Uh-Oh, I thought and rightfully so! What a hot mess! It turned out to be an ooey-gooey nightmare! I was so excited to use my new Nordic Ware Loaf Pan sassy loaf pan too! The design is simply stunning! Oh well, next time!
Too bad it was a baked-on mess and had to let it soak for a while. I’m laughing about it all now, but it was truly a nightmare!
So, off I went and mixed up another batch of lemon pound cake batter and very carefully read each label this time! We all experience baking disasters from time to time.
I decided to use a different recipe and was glad I did. This pound cake was denser than the recipe I tried first, and it was truly delicious!
Back to this delicious recipe!
- Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- The zest of one large lemon
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- (1) 8 ounce block full-fat cream cheese - soft but not melted
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter - soft but not melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 2 cups (8 ounces) confectioners' sugar – you can add more if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 6-cup loaf pan and line it with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter.
- Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the butter mixture.
- Mix until just smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center – use the toothpick test to make sure it’s done.
- Bake for around 65 minutes. Mine was done in about 60 mins.
- In the bowl of a stand-mixer use the paddle attachment or use a hand mixer.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and lemon extract on medium-high speed until completely smooth for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Once all the sugar has been added beat on high-speed for 1-2 minutes.
- If the frosting appears too thin you can add a little more confectioners' sugar - about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the frosting over the top of cake and decorate with lemon slices
- This frosting can be stored in fridge for about 3 days!
This cake is super easy to make and every so yummy. The frosting is from heaven! I absolutely adore this frosting recipe and will be adjusting it for future baking. I don’t like super sweet frosting – they can tend to overpower the cake. This frosting is so creamy and delicious – it’s super easy to make and a dream to easily spread on any cake.
Pound cake recipes are always delicious and easy to make. Last time I made a delicious Lemon Blueberry Muffin Bread and wow! It was so good, I made it a few more times with the same month. That says a lot for a recipe!
There are times when you don’t want a load of frosting on your cake and this recipe was pure perfection!
I think I love both pound cake recipes equally!
This luscious lemon loaf is moist, sweet, and with the perfect amount of lemony goodness!
Another lemony favorite of mine is my homemade lemonade recipe! I’ve managed to perfect this recipe and now my husband can’t stop asking for it. It’s a weekly thing now whether it’s summer, winter, or fall!
So, my lemon loving friends, I hope you get to enjoy this recipe too. It’s perfect any time of year! Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below!
PIN IT For Later!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Viglink, and RewardStyle and other Associate Affiliate Programs. Affiliate advertising programs like these provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to these affiliated sites at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!