Clarifying the differences between Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil is very important in understanding what products suit you best. Today, we will review their key differences.
Presently, as a CBD Oil advocate and believer in the product, I often question what the key difference was and now, it’s all clear. This caused me to do some research and understand where and how they differ.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil
Hemp plants are very useful in a world that is full of stress, pain, and anxiety. While types of these pain medications widely sold in pharmacies, many people want to find natural means to ease pain and promote relaxation. More so, when it comes to natural supplements, hemp oil, and cannabidiol (CBD) oil are the most popular.
Interestingly, Hemp oil misidentifies for CBD oil. However, these two natural oils extracted from hemp are different. While both extracted from the same plant, they have different effects, uses, and plant part sources.
In this post, you’ll learn to differentiate hemp vs CBD oil, which will increase your understanding of the uses and benefits of each supplement.
Hemp Plant Source
The hemp plant belongs to the cannabis Sativa species from which hemp oil and CBD oil derived.
CBD oil comes from the other parts of hemp plants, such as the leaves and flowers, which contain up to 40 percent of CBD. On the other hand, hemp oil comes from hemp seeds of the hemp plant. Hence, we call it hemp seed oil.
When buying hemp oil or CBD oil, it’s important to check the label to know the ingredients, as well as the plant source.
More so, remember that any product containing a tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of more than 0.3 percent considered marijuana and therefore illegal.
Speaking of Cannabinoids…
When it comes to the major differences between hemp oil and CBD oil in terms of cannabinoids, full-spectrum CBD oil contains CBD, a trace amount of THC, terpenes, and other cannabinoids. On the other hand, hemp oil doesn’t contain CBD, THC, or any cannabinoid.
While cannabis plants contain THC at an average of 15 to 20 percent, CBD oil only contains 0.3 percent or less, which is only an insignificant and trace amount. That’s why CBD oil won’t ever get you high.
Hemp oil, like CBD oil, is rich in antioxidants, fighting the harmful free radicals in the body. But unlike CBD oil, hemp oil has omega-3 fatty acids. These help increase the good cholesterol or high-density lipoprotein levels in your blood and lower triglyceride.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil – Looking Into the Effects And Uses
Because CBD oil has a small number of THC levels and a high CBD concentration it can treat chronic ailments such as insomnia and other sleep disorders. It also treats anxiety, depression, and epilepsy and seizure disorders as well.
However, according to a Northwestern Medicine report, CBD is broadly beneficial, and significant research supports CBD as an alternative treatment for epilepsy and other seizure disorders, such as the Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
On the other hand, hemp oil which we use in food and beverages as a food supplement. And typically recommended treating acute signs and symptoms of pain, stress, and anxiety, providing temporary relief.
Here are the good-to-know facts about the uses of CBD oil:
- Because pain accompanies inflammation, choosing CBD oil over hemp oil works great because cannabidiol can have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Unlike non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs and opioids, cannabidiol or CBD oil targets the root cause of the pain. In a European Journal of Pain study, it showed in an animal model that CBD applied topically could help reduce inflammation and pain caused by arthritis. CBD also inhibits neuropathic pain, which is a difficult type of chronic pain to treat.
- CBD oil provides longer therapeutic effects and is more effectively used for long-term treatment.
Both hemp and CBD oil are beneficial to health. Many people use them as a dietary supplement or alternative to traditional treatments or medications. Relieve pain naturally by using CBD or hemp oil. Check out the other health benefits of these two natural oils.
Here are the known benefits of hemp oil:
- Helps Reduce Stress: Hemp oil helps reduce stress in the workplace or at home. Simply grab your tiny bottle of hemp oil and apply a few drops under your tongue, or add it in your coffee or juice during breaks to help you reduce your stress and anxiety.
- Better Skin Health: Hemp oil helps moisturize the skin and treat mild rashes. You can apply hemp oil over the affected area to help reduce skin redness and rashes while keeping your skin soft and healthy.
Hemp oil is good for skin health because of its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants can come from harmful chemicals and dietary or metabolism byproducts, causing damage to the normal cells of the body. Hemp oil can help combat these harmful free radicals for smoother and healthier-looking skin.
- Makes the Heart Healthy: Hemp oil aids in proper heart functioning because of its omega fatty acid content. Omega fatty acids decrease platelet aggregation to prevent atherosclerosis or blockage, or the occlusion of the coronary arteries due to fat deposits which could lead to decreased oxygenation and blood flow to your heart.
On the other hand, here are the known benefits of CBD oil:
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: CBD oil is a potent anti-inflammatory natural supplement, which helps reduce the signs and symptoms of inflammation, including skin rashes, swelling, and pain.
- Combat Sleep Problems: CBD oil has been used to treat sleep problems, particularly insomnia. It has relaxing effects that help a person sleep early at night, and enjoy deep and restful sleep. CBD may help reduce rapid eye movement or REM sleep, which is distinguished by rapid or random movement of the eyes accompanied by low muscle tone and the propensity to dream. Also, CBD reduces the movements associated with behavior disorder during REM sleep.
- Improve Neurologic Function: CBD oil is also believed to help improve neurological function among patients suffering from degenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
- Analgesic or Anti-Pain: CBD oil is a great analgesic, administered in different ways, such as orally, via a sublingual route, or topically to reduce or eliminate pain. It’s widely used by people suffering from migraines, arthritis, and those who sustained injuries from sports or exercise.
If you want to achieve optimum health and wellness, hemp oil and CBD oil are effective supplements to dietary sources of nutrients. They are different in many ways in terms of the plant source, uses, effects, cannabinoids, and health benefits.
Don’t Forget To PIN Your Inspiration By Using The Image Below!
Also, make sure and read 8 Reasons Why People Use CBD Oil You Need To Know too!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Viglink, and other Associate Affiliate Programs. Affiliate advertising programs like these provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to these affiliated sites at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our website.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this article, Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil: What’s The Difference Between The Two, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!