Chocolate Pound Cake With Chocolate Ganache Frosting
If you love chocolate then you are going to flip over this Chocolate Pound Cake With Chocolate Ganache Frosting. It’s perfect for dessert or breakfast! I’m always looking for an excuse to make something some chocolatey and yet unique at the same time. We’ve all made oodles of chocolate cakes and don’t get me wrong, I still adore them and make them often enough. This time, I was searching for something – different! And I’ve found it with this recipe.
It’s dense, delicious, and decadent! Perfect with a cup of tea after dinner or with your morning coffee in the morning. The ganache frosting is heavenly. It’s light and compliments the pound cake perfectly without screaming for attention.
I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed this recipe – you’ll have to find out for yourself and make it. It’s so much better than any pound cake you will ever buy – I can tell you that with certainty!
So, let’s get to it! Below, you will find the recipe and some pictures of the process. This recipe is unlike any I’ve made before. I had so much fun creating this delicious masterpiece!
- Ingredients for the cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 oz chocolate (chopped) - I used semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 egg
- Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- 4 oz chocolate chopped or chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- One slice of unsalted butter
- dash of salt
- Grease the 9x5 inch loaf pan
- Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together flour and salt
- Place the chopped chocolate in the heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over to melt the chocolate, then stir in the cocoa and set it aside to cool for a few minutes
- Mix the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy, add chocolate and cocoa mixture and mix it well
- Eggs add one at a time, and mix well after each addition.
- Gradually add the mixture of flour and salt, stir it well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan, and tap gently the pan a few times on your work surface to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool a few minutes in the pan, than turn it out of the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Make the chocolate ganache while the cake is cooling.
- Melt the chocolate and whisk in the heavy whipping cream until become silky.
- Add the butter and salt and mix.
- Spread it over the cake
- Be mindful not to over bake or it will become dry. I tested mine after about 60 minutes and it was done to perfection.
I hope you get to enjoy this delicious pound cake as much as we are. If you have any questions about the process please leave a comment below and I’ll be happy to get to you right away.
And as always, thanks so much for visiting and if you like this post Chocolate Pound Cake With Chocolate Ganache Frosting subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!