7 Of My Favorite Cleaning Hacks
When it comes to cleaning I consider myself an expert. I’m always in search of the perfect cleaning hack to make my cleaning experience an easier one.
1. Lampshades – we all have them. They are dirt magnets. I’ve tried so many ways to keep them clean and finally found an easy way to do that. A lint roller! Once a week, grab that sucker and give your shades both inside and out a clean sweep. Works like a charm!
2. Sheets – keeping them clean in between changes can be a real pain – use the same lint roller and do a clean sweep of your sheets before making your bed. It keeps your sheets just as fresh as when you changed them! This hack is so awesome, I have a post on it!
3. Cleaning Products – isn’t it annoying to have to run for your cleaning products each time you need to do a cleanup? Well, fret no more! I’ve found an attractive and easy way to keep cleaning products close by in each bathroom for easy access. I have three bathrooms and one basket in each.
I bought the baskets at my local TJ Max. They have a huge selection of them to choose from. Now, I can spot clean easily and not have to run around searching for cleaning products. Oh! It’s a great place to store your TP as well :)
4. Light Switch Plates – Every home has them. I bet if I asked you right now, you wouldn’t be able to tell me how many switch plates your house has? Yet, they are in every room and we have to clean them. Well, I’ve found both a decorative and easy way to keep them clean. Decoupage! Yep. Take a look at this post I made on how to easily decorate your switch plates and at the same time how not worry about dirt and grime showing up so easily on them anymore.
5. Computer Monitors – Most folks think you can use Windex or even a spray designed to clean monitors. Monitor cleaners are very expensive and like Windex, they can leave terrible streaks behind and ruin your monitor over time. All you need is a wet soft rag. Yep, just dampen a soft washcloth and clean your monitor that way – be sure to wipe it dry with a soft washcloth as well. Trust me, it’s the best way to keep your monitor clean and safe from the damage harsh chemicals can cause.
6. Garbage Pails – This is not so much a cleaning hack as much as it is a convenient hack. I could never understand why everyone is not doing this! Instead of placing garbage bags into your pail one at a time, throw 10 of them on the bottom instead – this way, when you change the bag you don’t have to always go run and grab them individually. I’ve even thrown in an entire roll and wow – easy peasy changing plastic garbage bags!
7. Makeup – cleaning your makeup and brushes can be a real PIA! It’s so important in preventing bacteria on both. Let’s face it, you use these items on your face so you should be extra careful on how to clean them. Be sure to check out this detailed post explaining how to and what products to use for maintaining and cleaning your makeup tools and storing them as well! The section on what products I use starts at 7:30 on the video below. Be sure to watch the entire video for some of my beauty favorites too!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post – 7 Of My Favorite Cleaning Hacks – please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!