How To Keep Your Feet Happy During The Winter Months
Beautiful feet are not just for the summer months. The key to having beautiful and healthy feet is taking care of them all year round and not just during the summer months. So many people think pedicures are just for the summer when their feet are exposed. Thinking like that only leads to problems. It’s during the harsh winter months when your feet need the most help and attention.
You would be surprised at how many folks forget the basic do’s and don’t when it comes to foot care. Think about it, your feet are the gateway to your overall health. There’s a checklist of things you can do to ensure a happy, healthy, and beautiful feet future.
Here are some of the things you should be doing regularly and all year-long to maintain the health of your feet:
Wash your feet every day
- You would think this one would be a no-brainer yet, there are many folks who don’t to do it. Be sure to wash your feet in warm, not hot, water. Hot water robs the natural moisture from your skin.
- Try not to soak your feet for too long a period of time because your skin will get overly dry.
- Using talcum powder or cornstarch can help to keep the skin between your toes dry to prevent infection.
Keep the skin soft and smooth on your feet
- Always keep your feet moisturized by applying a thin coat of lotion or creams to your entire foot all the way up to your ankles.
- Try not to get any between your toes as too much moisture between them can cause infections and other issues.
Trim your toenails regularly
- Be sure to always keep your toenails trimmed by using nail clippers. It’s best to do this after you wash and dry your feet.
- Always trim your toenails straight across and smooth the corners with an emery board or nail file. This prevents the nails from growing into the skin. Make sure you do not cut into the corners of the toenail. That’s a surefire way to cause ingrown toenails! Yikes!
Always try to wear socks.
- Socks without seems are the best and most comfortable.
- Wearing socks prevents blisters and sores.
- Wear shoes and socks at all time
- Try not to walk barefoot when indoors or outside. How many times have you wished you had on a good pair of slippers when you bumped your toes on the end of that bedpost?
Be sure to check inside your shoes before you put them on.
- Once, I saw a video of a spider’s nest growing inside of a pair of shoes. You bet I check every pair of shoes that go on my feet now. What a nightmare!
Only buy shoes that actually fit your feet!
- You’d be surprised to hear that most women don’t purchase the correct shoe size and always undersized them almost an entire shoe size!
- Wearing the wrong shoe size can cause bunions, corns, and calluses
- Keeping your feet free from calluses and corns
- Calluses and corns are thickenings of the outer layer of skin. They develop to protect skin from damage against prolonged rubbing, pressure, and other forms of irritation.
Removing calluses needs to be done carefully. Years ago, professionals would use a razor to remove them. There’s a much safer way to do this now and you can do it at home!
Introduced a few years ago, a company called Emjoi® invented a product called the Emojoi Micro-Pedi Callus Remover – it is a revolutionary product that is designed for at-home use and takes the chore out of smoothing skin on your feet!
It’s a safe alternative to harsh, metal scrapers and dangerous blades. Emjoi is the industry standard in developing this product and all others after it are dupes. There’s something to be said about that. Emjoi was able to design and develop a product that no other company can duplicate using innovative features and functionality. The folks over at Emjoi were kind enough to supply me with a sample and share with you all.
The classic Mirco-Pedi was the first of its kind in the marketplace and clearly surpasses imitators by offering the perfect blend of superior performance and results and its unparalleled quality and affordability.
Emjoi® Micro-Pedi is an innovative device to smooth dry, rough and calloused skin on the feet. Its unique roller spins 360 degrees at an amazing 30 times a second to gently and effectively buff away hard, jagged skin on the soles and heels of your feet. It works faster and is safer than metal scrapers with no blades to cut the skin.
This battery-operated foot buffer is ideal for at-home pedicures and is a safe alternative to harsh, metal scrapers.
Micro-Pedi’s spinning rollers quickly and easily buff away rough, callused skin on feet to reveal supple, touchable feet.
For beautiful, smooth feet
- Removes rough, dry and calloused skin from feet in seconds
- Unique roller spins 360 degrees for fast results
- Revolutionary device takes the chore out of smoothing skin on your feet.
- Gently and effectively buffs away rough, dry and calloused skin in seconds.
- Safer and more effective than metal scrapers and easier than a pumice stone
- Rubberized easy grip
- Battery operated (requires 2 x AA batteries)
This little miracle has sold many million units on QVC worldwide, online and at retail stores. It has transformed the home pedicure landscape forever with its ease of use, miraculous spa-quality performance, interchangeable rollers and ability to accommodate a wide range of specialized attachments.
You can easily change the batteries too. I love the portability of this micro-pedi. No cords to tie you down. You can be free to do a home pedicure anywhere you like!
The rollerblade is a unique micro-mineral roller (naturally processed from stone) and removes all calluses easily and effectively without the dangers of sharp blades. The roller head can be replaced from time to time as well.
I use the Emjoi® Pedi once a week to ensure my feet are happy and healthy and you can too.
CVS, Bed, Bath and Beyond and emjoi.com (as well as other select retailers and high-end catalogs) all feature the battery operated version which is number one in popularity. The simply packaged version with one roller is $29.95 and the spa-themed gift boxed version with two rollers is $39.95.
As a technological and style leader in the high-end personal care market dedicated to making the little details of life and personal care as trouble-free and enjoyable as possible, Emjoi, Inc. has introduced an innovative selection of grooming and personal care products over the past twenty years, including the first epilator brand to make tweezing as fast and comfortable as an electric shaver.
Keeping your feet happy and healthy is a year-round job. Keeping up with a good foot care routine will ensure that your feet stay in great shape all the time even during the harshest winter months.
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post How To Keep Your Feet Happy During The Winter Months please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!