Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – A Healthier Alternative
The perfect time of year to indulge in a healthier Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe! When it comes to fettuccine, we are all about it. With its creamy delicious sauce, it’s also not the healthiest choice when it comes to pasta dishes.
I’ve even tried to add broccoli into my last Fettuccine Alfredo With Broccoli Recipe recipe thinking that would help but as we all know – as amazing as it was – it’s still a decadent dish! Once I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try this dish.
It’s still not a low-calorie, low-carb meal but if you love fettuccine then this is a great alternative. Butternut squash added the creamy without the cream, a pop of color and veggies to this recipe. Plus, you get a pinch of sweetness as well. And yes, it’s just a pinch so no worries.
Here’s the recipe!
- 4 Tbsp. spoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Sage
- 3 Cups Butternut Squash
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add butter and onions to a deep frying pan - cook for about a minute
- Add squash and stir
- Add Rosemary and Sage
- Add Vegetable stock and cover
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Mash the squash well while in pan
- Add Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Add brown sugar
- Add nutmeg and salt and pepper
- Add fettuccine pasta directly into the sauce and cover
- Then, add 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of water
- Cook for about 15 mins on low flame – depending on how you like your pasta. I kept tasting it after 12 minutes as we like ours just past al dente.
I hope you can get to enjoy this incredibly delicious meal too! Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section below.
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post, Butternut Squash Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe – A Healthier Alternative, please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!