If you love crafting and thinking about buying a Cricut, then you are going to want to learn more about the 3 best Cricut machines for beginners before you buy one.
Cricut Machines for Beginners
I love creating beautiful crafting projects and have done some research on what the best Cricut machines for beginners have the best options for my needs. Cricut machines are the best tools for crafting and cutting decorations for your sassy house precisely!
Their popularity keeps increasing for many reasons. One such reason is the superior power the machines offer. What is more, you don’t have to be an experienced hand to use these machines. In this article, you will get more information regarding some of the best Cricut machines for beginners thus enabling you to make wise and informed choices.
Let’s get started!
Before delving into the actual review of these machines, it would be great to learn how to select them in the first place. After all, there are different varieties in the market. Each model has a few pros and cons that set it apart from the competition. For this reason, it’s crucial that you learn what to look for first before dashing to buy the machine. Otherwise, you may end up with a product that will not serve you at all.
The most important qualities to look for in the Cricut machines include:
- Mat Sizes
- Personalization features
- The LCD display (though this is optional depending on your tastes)
With that out of the way, let’s now review the Cricut machines in detail.
1) Cricut Explore One
The Cricut Explore One is ideal for anyone who is just getting started in precision cutting and crafting. Anyone who is familiar with these machines will notice the differences this one shares with Cricut Explore Air 2. However, this version is much cheaper. Although it lacks Bluetooth technology, users can add the wireless Bluetooth adapter of their choice. This way, it’s easier to cut using Mac, iPad, PC or iPhone.
One of its greatest attractions though is the fact the machine cuts wide-ranging materials. Do you want to decorate your home with cardstock, fabric, leather sheets or paper and vinyl sheets? Then the best tool for any of these would be Cricut Explore One. The attractive features don’t end there, though. It’s also possible to use the machine’s Smart Set technology for various tasks such as:
- Making precision cuts on any material
- Designing a custom setting for wide-ranging materials
- Making clean cuts of different shapes and sizes
- Supports cartridges hence ideal for beginners
- Its Design Space software is not only easy to use but also free
- Offers access to your projects via multiple gadgets that include iPads, PCs, Macs, and iPhones
- Comes with more than 50 free images as well as 25 single-click projects
- Allows users to upload personalized fonts and images at no cost
- Users can browse it for pre-made projects and designs
- Highly convenient through the storage compartments and standard-grip cutting mat
- It’s one of the most inexpensive Cricut machines
- Lack of built-in Bluetooth technology forces users to buy adapters
- The presence of only the single holder limits users who wish to cut, craft and write all at the same time
- Its cartridges are quite costly
2) Cricut Explore Air
The Cricut Explore Air is one of the best entry-level Cricut machines for beginners. It has everything you would need in such types of machines to craft and cut different materials for decorating your townhouse and converting it into lively space.
It cuts various types of materials with amazing accuracy. What is more, this machine cuts more than 60 different types of materials that include:
- Adhesive vinyl
The machine has other multiple attractions that include a dual carriage that you can use as a cutter and marker respectively. What does this mean for you? Simply put, you can cut and write customized messages simultaneously. On top of that, it has a dual tool holder that you can use for ensuring that your pen and blade are always close to you at all times. Unlike the Cricut Explore One, this model comes with Bluetooth technology that supports the needs of anybody who loves fast and efficient wireless cutting.
- Cuts and writes different materials in a single step
- Features durable blades
- Has a sturdy construction
- The machine is easy to set up
- It’s also easy to use
- Supports cartridges
- It’s highly convenient
- It’s compatible with iPad app
- Features orange gridlines that keep the designs central
- Perfect for wireless cutting
- Cannot work without an Internet connection
- The design software is not as fast as it should be
3) Cricut Explore Air 2
Cricut Explore Air 2 is twice as fast as the previous models reviewed above. Furthermore, it only takes you a few minutes to precision-cut cards or other materials that you need for decorating your house into a buzzing space.
On top of that, you can cut more than 100 different types of materials using this machine. This ability alone makes its choice as one of the best Cricut machines for beginners non-contestable. Examples of the types of materials it cuts include:
Cricut Explore Air 2 comes with a feature known as Cut Smart that makes it easier for users to make precise cuts. Furthermore, the same technology ensures painless selection of pre-calibrated materials too.
Additionally, it works well with cartridges courtesy of the top-notch German Carbide blade. As a beginner, you will also love the extra help it offers you via the start guide, 100+ free images, 50+ free project ideas, cardstock sample, and standard cutting mat.
- Has no problem cutting through printable images
- Easy to use
- Cuts and writes twice as fast as the other models
- Comes with simple material settings
- Has a beautiful and stylish design full of antique colors
- Features several free images
- Features thousands of ideas for designing materials for precision cutting
- The software can be problematic to some users
- It’s cutting mat has a reputation for losing its stickiness fast
Any of these picks would suffice for you as you try to transform your home into the sort of space that would make you look forward to dashing back home every time and it’s a great way to have fun with the kids too!
In writing this review, the hope is that it will simplify the task of choosing the best Cricut machines for beginners. Consequently, you will be able to select what works best for you. The good news is all these options are great for your pocket and for the crafter in you!