The Best Potato Salad In The History Of Mankind
When you make this, you will agree, it’s the best potato salad in the history of mankind! OK, well, maybe it’s close! Either way, it will be a staple in your menu plan.
I developed this recipe after some additional tweaks from a recipe my mom used to make. And her recipe was outstanding – I just kick it up a few notches! We love potato salad all year and especially during the summer months. I don’t think I’ve ever met a person who didn’t flip over this recipe.
Be sure to use red potatoes. White potatoes contain more starch than the red and become mealy and fall apart easier. The red ones are best for potato salad the cream of the crop for sure.
- 1 5lb Bag of Red Potatoes
- 2 Cups of Real Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Emeril's Original Essence (it's a combination of salt, paprika, pepper, granulated garlic, spices and onion powder.) Add as much as you like. I used about 2 teaspoons liberally sprinkling over potatoes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Boil red potatoes with skins on until fully cooked
- Drain and let them cool off in fridge - overnight is best if possible or for a few hours
- Cut potatoes into quarters and then size according to your preference. We prefer larger bites.
- Add all seasoning to pototoes before adding dressing
- Mix dressing well in separate bowl
- Dollop dressing over potatoes and mix well
- Serve and enjoy!
The key in making a great potato salad is seasoning the potatoes before you add the dressing.
Celery – it’s an essential ingredient in a good potato salad. I always de-string my celery first. It’s so much cleaner and easier to eat!
Be sure to chop it up into smallish pieces.
Chop the onions into small pieces too.
This is where the magic begins to happen.
Just enough spices to make it the best in the history of mankind!
Dollop oodles of dressing on top!
Each bite is better than the last.
I hope you get to enjoy this soon. It’s great as a side dish or even for lunch!
The best part is you have leftovers that taste even better the second day.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, The Best Potato Salad In The History Of Mankind, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!