How To Bake Brownies Like Katharine Hepburn
In the mood to make brownies like Katharine Hepburn? They are romantically delicious and super easy to make. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. I’ve made so many varieties of brownie recipes in my life but knowing that Katharine loved this recipe made this even more special.
I love how super easy they are to make. Why would you get a boxed brownie recipe when you can whip these up so fast? They are not overly sweet and gooey – just the way I love them. Oh, and those crispy edges – heaven!
With one in hand as I write this post, I somehow feel nostalgic knowing that Kate loved this recipe – it was her go to and insisted on certain criteria which in her words is – ”And don’t overbake them! They should be moist, not cakey!”
Here’s a quick video I made to show you how quick and easy they are to make.
There’s nothing “gourmet” about these brownies. They are just down to earth goodness, much like Kate herself. I think that’s why I love them even more.
Here’s the recipe too. I first saw this recipe over here. We love this recipe. It’s brownie perfection!
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped or broken up walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in a saucepan with cocoa and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, nuts, and salt. Add to the cocoa-butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8-inch-square pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake; the brownies should be gooey. Let cool, then cut into bars.
PIN It for later!
If you want to read the enchanting story check it out here Straight Talk From Miss Hepburn; Plus The Actress’s Own Brownie Recipe.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comment section below.
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, How To Bake Brownies Like Katharine Hepburn, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!