When it comes to home remodeling ideas, it’s essential to know which style suits your style and needs. For example, do you favor trendy or timeless décor? And if so, what styling plans do you consider for your home? While many of us love timeless décor, we can’t help but feel inspired by trendy décor too.
Choosing Your Style With Home Remodeling Ideas
When we decide to remodel our homes, it’s not always easy choosing the style we prefer. Often, our taste blends elements from various decorative types, merging them into an eclectic blend. If that’s the case, whatever works for your décor tastes always turns out best. Nowadays, trendy décor is very much in style. But if you are not sure and lean towards a timeless or classic look, that’s fine too.
More so, for many, buying a few décor pieces is all they need to create that stylish look. However, creating the perfect indoor design means scheduling a home remodeling project and possibly working with an interior designer to make your dreams come true. Of course, before you start remodeling, it’s always a good idea to do your homework beforehand.
Whether renovating your home just for aesthetics or increasing longevity and boosting the market value, you always want to set your goals straight. You can also choose to remodel your home as part of the restoration process after some physical damage on part or your entire home.
Below, you’ll discover some home remodeling ideas to consider, from trendy to timeless designs.
Trendy vs. Timeless Design: Which Style Speaks To You
In the home-interior design landscape, several design aspects can be classified either as timeless or trendy. Most timeless design elements have and will stand the test of time, making it a more attractive option for most people. On the other hand, trendy designs are often flashy and super stylish but will become outdated with time.
That said, these two interior design styles find their application in every modern home. But timeless design elements come with several advantages. First, the best home remodeling ideas will have these two designs in the right proportion. That is, striking a delicate balance between the two while sticking to your design preferences.
Why Choose A Timeless Design? Home Remodeling Ideas To Consider
If you are like many, you want your home to look classy and elegant. And we want it to last for a couple of years and even decades. That means you won’t incur remodeling costs when it’s time to update the entire kitchen and living room every few years. But the price isn’t the only reason why going timeless is a favorite for many homeowners.
More so, most timeless design elements are generally environment-friendly. The reason is that they last longer and remain timeless. And hopefully will remain in use for many years, hence less waste going to the landfill. Similarly, you can refinish classic furniture as well. And even stainless steel kitchen appliances after a decade of use to give them a second life.
Another reason to choose a timeless design is they are timeless. The enduring design style and high compatibility with all the other décor elements mean your other design preferences are never in violation of your indoor ambiance. When it comes to home decorating ideas, a timeless design suits almost any home.
Last but not least, most timeless design elements work perfectly with most minimalists lifestyles. If you are the kind of person who prefers to live in a room that prioritizes the essentials with cool colors and reductive design elements, timeless is the way to go.
Home Remodeling Ideas & Timeless Design Aspects
Choosing to embrace this remodeling style requires that you understand the rules of timeless design, including the choice of design materials, texture, patterns, and colors. Often, your search for the right materials begins with quality, durability, and simplicity.
In addition, selecting the design materials that will create a classical impression in your home, working with an expert interior designer is a good idea. That way, you avoid guesswork and undue design errors. Here are some of the design elements that will never go out of style.
Timeless Design Aspects To Consider
- Hardwood flooring – this includes natural wood elements such as oak or bamboo. Besides wood, natural stone flooring such as marble could be another great alternative.
- Stainless steel appliances – if you are to make your kitchen as stylish and timeless as possible, you want to invest in high-quality kitchenware, such as stainless steel appliances.
- Built-in shelves – built-in storage cabinets are a timeless design that works in the kitchen, your dining area, the mudroom, all the way to your home library.
- Marble countertops – most homeowners choose a marble countertop for its clean, durable, and stylish design. If you are remodeling your kitchen, this is a great place to start. A marble countertop will give your kitchen the perfect timeless finish it deserves.
- Fireplaces – there are various residential fireplace designs, and your best pick narrows down to the one that best complements the other design aspects.
With the above tips in mind, it’s worth noting that not all timeless design elements will work for every space. So, before going ahead to buy these elements for your home remodeling project, you first want to consult a professional design expert.
Additionally, this way, you’ll know what fits into your home and what doesn’t. That said, let’s see how you can incorporate trendy design elements into your home remodeling project. When it comes to home remodeling ideas, it’s always a good idea to plan ahead and make sure you feel comfortable with the decor you choose.
Where To Use Trendy Designs For Your Overall Décor
A timeless design is always the best for most of your home interior. However, going too far with it may make your home look lifeless and dull. That is why it’s necessary to blend in some trendy designs in specific areas within your home. The idea isn’t to compensate for your lack of stylish design elements in the major areas of your home with some random decorations.
Instead, you want to thoughtfully pick those areas where the latest trends would bring out the best of your home without making everything look flashy or shouty. Here are some regions where trendy décor elements would blend with your entire home design to create an epic style that transcends both time and space. Below, you’ll find some home remodeling ideas to consider for trendy design concepts.
Trendy Design Elements To Consider
- Home lighting – This is one of the areas that a trendy design can work perfectly. Consider borrowing some of the latest lighting trends to make your home interior look fresh and stylish. Remember, if your existing lighting fixtures look outdated, you can go for an upgrade without breaking the bank.
- Home accents – There’s a lot you can do to make your interior look stylish and classy. Throwing in some accent pieces is the best you can do. A rule of thumb is to choose the least expensive but trendy furniture, accent chairs, decorated plant pots, containers, and a couple of throw pillows to complement the look.
- Flooring – Instead of replacing your old flooring with some trendy styles, such as vinyl and stone flooring, the right choice of flooring rugs can transform your space. Just be sure the flooring will match the indoor peace and ambiance.
- Walls – This is one of the critical areas in your home interior that attracts much attention. Always use this space to update your home with the latest design trends. For example, you can go for a classic paint job if you are on a budget. Otherwise, some expensive wallpapers work perfectly with almost any interior design. You want to choose cool colors or apply the wallpapers on a small portion of the walls.
By carefully mixing and matching both the timeless designs and the latest décor trends, you can create a trendy vibe and have consistency. In addition, by doing so, you can develop the best remodeling strategy for your home.
Hire Professional Help When Necessary
Now that you know what it takes to renovate your home, you may need some professional assistance. This way, you can start implementing some of these home decorating ideas. If, for instance, you are remodeling your kitchen or living room, you can hire an interior designer to make the most of your new space.
However, suppose you want to renovate your entire home after a fire or flood damage. In that case, you’ll first need to work with a damage restoration company before bringing in an interior designer. Either way, knowing what you want out of your space is the first step to running a successful home remodeling project.
Similarly, doing your research on the various remodeling styles and working with an expert professional will also boost your chances of getting the results you want. When considering these home remodeling ideas, it’s a good idea to hire professionals when needed. And if you can’t, take the time to do the research.
When it comes to keeping your bedroom tidy every day, you don’t need to break a sweat doing it. And, there’s a no-fuss to keep it that way! Most of all, there are a few shortcuts you can take to ensure your bedroom looks tidy every day.