Uninstall Windows Software Easily And Effectively
Uninstall Windows Software Easily And Effectively
Why use Windows uninstaller when you can use a program that’s far more superior and does a thorough job at removing all traces of the software? As most of use Windows users already know, there is a default built-in uninstaller and it does a decent job of removing software, but to completely and thoroughly remove a program you need a third-party utility.
It turns out that when you rely on Windows to uninstall an application, it often leaves behind detritus that can slow down your PC’s operating system and corrupt your registry. You need something more powerful than Windows to kick those orphaned files to the curb. This is why you need an uninstaller utility.
I’d like to cover three of my favorite uninstallers and why I have three installed on my PC.
Be sure to check out my tutorial below!
1. Geek Uninstaller – Simple User Interface – Great-looking and surprisingly functional, GeekUninstaller will help you keep your computer clean and organized! Instant startup, minimalistic, simple but efficient user interface. Single EXE runs flawlessly on both 32 and 64-bit Windows 7/8/XP/Vista. When running on x64 Windows GeekUninstaller is running as a native 64-bit application. Programs highlighted with purple orange color are recently installed/modified (since the last run of Geek Uninstaller).
Clean Removal, Force Removal. Standard removal program leaves tons of leftovers on your PC. GeekUninstaller performs deep and fast scanning afterward and removes all leftovers. Keep your PC clean! Use Force Removal for stubborn and broken programs.
2. ZSoft Uninstaller – ZSoft Uninstaller is the better and easier way to uninstall programs on your computer.
ZSoft Uninstaller can be used as an Add/Remove applet replacement, but not only that, it can also:
- Analyze an installation so it can be completely uninstalled (also supports reboots of the computer as the process is split into two: Before and after the installation)
- Search for leftovers after uninstalling a program
- Cleanup in the programs starting on your computer at startup
- Find and delete temporary files
- Find and delete empty folders
- Delete entries from programs that are no longer installed
- Hide Windows Updates
- Hide entries from the list that you are never going to uninstall (drivers etc.) making the list smaller and therefore easier to manage.
- Show more information than available though add/remove
- Automatically find entries from programs that are most likely already uninstalled
- Automatically find entries that are considered “crap-ware”
- (Off course) search the list of installed software
3. Smarty Uninstaller – Fully compatible Smarty Uninstaller has been developed and fully tested to work great on Windows 8 and other Windows operating systems, from Windows XP and up. No matter what you own – a PC or a laptop or netbook or tablet.
- Ensures complete Uninstall – Smarty Uninstaller is a software that allows you to completely uninstall programs (64 and 32-bit) installed on your system. It monitors the built-in application uninstaller and uses an advanced scan engine that deletes any program leftovers. It allows you to launch the scan engine manually at any time to force uninstall a program with broken uninstaller.
- Detects all changes to your system – In addition to the smart scan engine, Smarty Uninstaller provides you with an easy to use but effective feature Smarty Snapshot. It allows you to monitor the installation of new applications and detect every change made to your system during this process. These changes are saved to the snapshot, that can be accessed later at any time for review or complete uninstall.
- Easily manage programs – The grouping feature allows you to organize applications into logical groups and view grouped programs in separate tabs. You can add comments to installed applications which will be displayed on the main window when an application is selected.
- Intuitive and modern interface – Featuring an intuitive and modern interface, Smarty Uninstaller displays in the main window all installed software, broken installations, system components and Windows updates.
- Fully compatible – Smarty Uninstaller has been developed and fully tested to work great on Windows 8 and other Windows operating systems, from Windows XP and up. No matter what you own – a PC or a laptop or netbook or tablet
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments area.
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post Uninstall Windows Software Easily And Effectively please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!
How timely! I need to totally uninstall all traces of itunes and reinstall it. Which would you recommend for that?
I’m a mac girl, but hubby is windows so i sent the link to him!
Great post Carolann you always cover all the basis. I have to get working with one of these. Thanks so much for sharing
Thanks for sharing your great tech expertise. I learned about so many things I was unaware of.
I’m a Mac girl, too, but I am amazed at everything you know! I learn so much from you.
Mac attack. But if ever I need to know anything I know who to call!
Wow, you know your tech stuff! I’m so impressed. I can barely find my way around my Mac.
This is all Greek to me. That’s why I have a computer techie guy who also loves martinis!
very useful information you shared.I really learned too much from your post..
Glad you enjoyed it and thank you!
LOL sounds like a good plan!
Thanks much! I love tech stuff and it makes me happy to share it. I like MACs a lot too. I used to use them in school.
lol Cheryl yep for sure!
All you MAC chicks wow. I do love MACs too but love Windows a tad more lol.
Thanks much Ellen. I love sharing it all with you!
Thanks Anj. It’s so important to remove software properly. Glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks Carol! I really appreciate that much!
Hi, Itunes can be a real PIA to uninstall. I think one of these programs can handle that for you just fine. Let me know and thanks for stopping over. Oh, followed you on twitter and just love your Pugs. We had one for 14 years and he just passed last year. Lost the love of my life :(
Good post!BUT I have you to help me hahhahha!!
The last one looks the best and honestly never knew these programs existed.
They are the best Sue and the safest most thorough way to delete software. Let me know if you get to try one out!
Thanks Patti. Always here to help you!
One of the major issue that our system is more slow or its much hanged So this kind of software is much helpful for.
Thanks for Sassy to give us this kind of valuable information and also be suggest to my friend to watch this blog because of its more interesting.
Thanks much I appreciate your comment. Glad you enjoyed the post!
It’s a big problem for Windows. I tried my best to make uninstall a software but couldn’t. Finally, I had able to uninstalled the software by ZSoft uninstaller. Thank you very much for sharing.
I’m so glad you found my post helpful. Zsoft is an excellent product. Thanks much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon!
Thank for this informative post .Few day ago I am struggle with a problem regarding software uninstall but you solve my problem very well.
Hi Addi, I’m so happy I could help. When I see comments like yours, it’s all worth it! Thanks much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!
Comments are closed.