Perfume is ephemeral, but it’s also seductive and transformative. Its allure is magical as it leaves a lingering memory of you even after you leave the room.
The Scent Of A Woman – Top 5 Timeless & Alluring Perfumes
As an obsessed fragrance lover – perfume is much more to me than spritzing as an afterthought. I plan my fragrances and daily – even on the days when I’m home wearing a tee shirt and sweat pants, perfume is a must. Perfume is indicative of a certain kind of power and we wear it like a hint of some hidden and alluring suit of armor.
According to my Pinterest page – Makes Scents to Me – these are the top most pinned own it love it fragrances. Please be sure to follow me on Pinterest too! Based on my years of wearing, researching, and adoring perfumes, I wanted to share with you all my top picks. While I own dozens of various perfumes, these are the brands I am mostly likely to choose especially for a special occasion.
Fragrance has a long history with sex and seduction, but that’s not the only reason we are obsessed with it.
The journalist and olfactory curator Chandler Burr posits that we buy perfume for the same reason we buy clothes. He says, “To look good for other people, and equally, to feel that you look good to yourself. Your clothes can say you’re stylish. They can, better, say you’re smart… Your scent, chosen with care, says not only that you’re smart, but that you think.” I think wearing and choosing the perfect perfume for yourself is more like a window into who we are and how we see ourselves or better yet – the illusion of who we would like ourselves to be.
Fragrance intends to transport us into memories that are lasting and alluring. Isn’t it amazing how with one whiff memories of loved ones come whirling back with vivid imagery? I think we wear perfume for a variety of reason – attracting a sexual partner is just a small part. With that said, I hope you get to experience some of the scents I adore. I promise you, you will come to cherish them as much as I do.
I only suggest products that I own and love and highly recommend. By the way, these fragrances can be purchased at any major department store. Happy fragrance shopping!
1. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Parisienne’ Eau de Parfum Spray – a fragrance for women by Yves Saint Laurent. The essence of a woman who is incredibly free. She is not from Paris, but Paris adopts her. Because she knows how to love, how to live. Parisienne, the perfume of ultra femininity, ultra sensuality. A grand floral with a woody structure, luminous even in its mystery.
Parisienne is one of my top and favorite scents. I try to save it for special occasions or when I’m having a romantic and special evening with the hubster. He loves it too!
It is a sensuous bouquet to the woman whose heart belongs to Paris even if your home is elsewhere. A voluptuous floral accord of violet, damask rose and tart blackberry seems to tell the whole story but then comes the fullness of sandalwood, deepened by musk and brightened by peonies, tying the endnotes to the ones beginning. It’s deliciously sensual!
2. Euphoria by Calvin Klein Eau de Parfum Spray – Free yourself with Euphoria, a provocative fragrance from Calvin Klein. A contrast of exotic fruits and seductive black orchid with a rich and creamy signature, it’s a journey without limits. It’s one of my most pinned fragrances too – and understandably. If you don’t like strong perfumes, this one is not for sure. It packs a punch but in a “here I am and here I go” sort of way. It’s for the woman who begs to be remembered!
Euphoria is about sexiness, fantasy, and being captivating. Sexy and sensual, euphoria speaks to the woman who has the urge to break free from everyday life – to provocatively be part of an exciting world filled with pleasure, surprise, and temptation. Her fragrance is a contrast between exotic fruits and seductive florals, for a rich, creamy, seductive signature.
Pomegranate, Persimmon, Green Notes, Black Orchid, Lotus Blossom, Champaca Flower, Liquid Amber, Mahogany Wood, Black Violet, Cream Accord.
Confident. Sexy. Chic.
3. Hanae Mori presents No. 4 – Hanae Mori presents No. 4 is well received Eau de Collection series of limited-edition fragrances blended in Paris. Brilliantly pink and floral No. 4 includes a swatch of pink organza inside its sculptural glass cap to recall the haute couture fashions of designer Hanae Mori.
I own several from the Eau de Collection series and like the entire Eau de Collection series, No. 4 is made with the health of the planet in mind. Sustainable energy, including solar, wind and water (hydroelectric), were used for part of the power needed to create the fragrance in France.
- The top note of No.4 is Sicilian bergamot, blackcurrant, French marigold, and orange blossom.
- The middle note is wild strawberry, Tonka bean, tea rose, toffee, white peach.
- The base note is purple sage, benzoin siam (a fragrant tree resin), patchouli, and Tahitian vanilla.
If you can’t find #4 then be sure to check out any selection from the line. I will always wear Hanae Mori perfume; they are so unique in its bouquet – This fragrance description is a “Pink Floral” and leaves me feeling like I’ll never be forgotten when I walk in a room.
4. Chloe Eau de Parfum – Feminine. Elegant. Chic. Chloe captures the spirit of women. Fresh, smooth, comfortable and totally addictive. A sublime powdery rose.
- Top Notes: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee
- Heart Notes: Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose
- Dry Down: Cedarwood, Amber, Honey
Chloe Eau de Parfum is created with a mix of natural and couture materials. The bottle is made with genuine silver plating and graced with a finishing touch, a hand tied ribbon. This unique example of craftsmanship and sublime rose scent perfectly capture the house of Chloe spirit, effortless chic and femininity. I have two perfumes from the Chole line and I adore them both. Each offering their own mystically charged experience!
5. Tresor Eau de Parfum Spray – Romantic, sensual, emotional, with the elegance of rose, muguet and lilac, and the sparkle of apricot blossom. A glorious golden coral, so every drop opens like petals on the skin. Experience Tresor in this enduring yet translucent fragrance form.
Tresor, the fragrance for treasured moments and it represents flourishing emotions. Vibrantly and eternally in dialogue with women, Tresor is an invitation to embrace absolute love. Tresor is rounded like a bouquet, like an invitation to embrace. It embodies the elegance of the rose, interlaced with peach and apricot blossom that brings the sparkle to this luminous fragrance.
Tresor has been a top-selling perfume for years now and understandably for a good reason. Tresor begins with notes of apricot, peach, pineapple and bergamot. Mid notes of rose, heliotrope, jasmine and orris give way to sensual base notes of musk, sandalwood, and vanilla. Women have been going gaga over Tresor for decades now. I think with Tresor you either love it or hate it. I, of course, love it – it reminds me of my mother and that’s a good thing.
Be sure to catch up on some of my other beauty related posts too. I have some great skincare suggestions too!
If you have any questions about these perfumes, be sure to ask me in the comment sections below as I always reply!
And as always, thanks so much for visiting my site and if you like this post The Scent Of A Woman – Top 5 Timeless & Alluring Perfumes please subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!