The Technology Of Skincare Just Leveled Up
The skin care industry is constantly evolving and The Technology Of Skincare Just Leveled Up. Younger looking skin just got easier.
Like millions of women, I’m obsessed with taking care of skin. To my core, I believe that taking care of your skin and starting at a young age, is paramount in maintaining younger more healthy looking skin without having to endure procedures that are not only expensive but dangerous.
There are three key factors in leveling up your skincare and routine. It’s important to do your homework and follow these three rules before I buy skincare.
1. Read Reviews
Whether you’re looking for the latest wrinkle cream reviews, or the best moisturizer on the market currently, most folks are very honest about product reviews. They have nothing to lose when expressing whether or not a product works or fails. Be sure to thoroughly read product reviews and ask questions. I always try to give feedback whether good or bad to companies regarding their products. How can they know if we don’t tell them right?
2. Ask For Samples
DON’T be afraid to ask for samples of skincare products. I would say that almost every company I have reached out to will provide you will samples (and often deluxe size) if you ask for them. They want you to try their product and love it. You have nothing to lose in the asking. Testing samples is a great way to see how products react with your skin. It’s a win-win to ask so, get online and start asking!
3. Make The Investment
Don’t be afraid to invest in good skincare. I hate to say it, but more often than not, we get what we pay for. Most times, higher priced skin care products are truly the best and have the highest ratio for a payoff. After all, skincare companies are using top-level ingredients and spending a fortune in research to ensure their products work – they have to charge more. When you invest in luxury skincare, you don’t need to use as much product so it’s worth it in the long run. Don’t be afraid to spend when it comes to good skin care. In my experience, I’ve had the best results with high-end brands.
Back in September of last year, I discovered a skincare line called Definitions Skincare – I asked for samples and they sent me a boatload! You can check out that post here to read about my experience with them. I made sure to bookmark that site and made a point of scheduling their products for my skincare routine. Last month, I had the opportunity to experience two of their products and I’m so excited I did and I’ll tell you why.
Firstly, as we age, our skin naturally gets drier, and that’s not a good thing. It’s vital to moisturize our skin twice daily. As a former cosmetologist, I made sure to learn as much as I could to take care of my skin and in turn, gained an excellent knowledge of what works and what doesn’t. Also, makeup is very harsh on our skin and restoring it back to health each day is essential!
When I started using Definitions Skincare Gene Therapy Moisturizer, I was amazed at how quickly my skin started to feel rehydrated. As I suffered from dry skin, my face drank up the product, and I started seeing the difference immediately. It has the most clinically advanced peptides and leaves the skin with increased firmness, elasticity, and protects your skin from harmful external factors. It’s a revolutionary toning, hydrating and wrinkle reducing miracle worker! It’s infused with peptides and gene therapy.
Get Rid of Fine Lines and Wrinkles by HYDRATING and PROTECTING your skin with a facial product that WORKS! Gene Therapy Moisturizer uses natural moisturizers sourced from plants, to replenish moisture for visibly softer, smoother skin. Collagen and elastin proteins help improve elasticity for younger-looking skin!
How to use: Apply a small amount after serum twice a day.
Ingredients: SynColl, Matrixyl, Argireline, Rose Stem Cells, Zirhafirm (gene therapy,) vitamins A and C, glycerin, alphalipoic acid, botanical extracts.
Be sure to take time and read the breakdown of what the ingredients do for your skin – this is why skin care has just leveled up!
- Matrixyl 3000= Glycerin, Water, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, a peptide that stimulates the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid in the deep layers of the skin. In addition, palmitoyl oligopeptide has a mild UV protection effect, thus helping to protect the skin from damage. (NOTE: it is still recommended that you use a sunblock with an actual SPF every day.)
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Argireline)- When topically applied, it treats the same type of wrinkles as botulinum toxin injections. In addition, peptides can be used anywhere on the face, whereas injections are limited to a very small area of the face. Argireline relaxes facial tension, leading to the relaxation of facial muscles that contribute to lines and wrinkles.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 A highly bioactive, deeply skin penetrating peptide able to activate tissue growth factor that stimulates collagen synthesis in the skin. It has excellent skin firming and moisturizing properties, the ability to repair stretch marks, and is clinically proven to be safe and effective (study with 60 volunteers showed 350% wrinkle reduction after 84 days treatment). An alternative to collagen injections.
- PhytoCell Tec Alp Rose stem cells (Rhododendron Ferrugineum Leaf Cell Culture Extract )- Swiss Alpine Rose stem cells help maintain skin stem cell characteristics and protect these precious cells against UV stress. Thus, improves the skin’s condition by increasing skin stem cell vitality, boosting epidermal regeneration, improving skin barrier function, and helping your skin cope with climate changes.
- Glycerin– a humectant used in moisturizers due to the water-binding capabilities that allow it to retain skin moisturizer and hydrate the skin.
- Propanediol, Zizyphus Jujuba Seed Extract, Phytoecdysteroids (Zirhafirm,) activates gene expression of the dermal-epidermal junction components and strengthens the intercellular unions. It increases skin firmness, elasticity, and its resistance to harmful external factors
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) – combats the damaging effects of free radicals while reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and preventing age spots from appearing
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) – a potent antioxidant and a vital factor in the production of collagen and elastin. It can help reverse and prevent photodamage as well as improve pigmentation issues. Being a fruit acid, it helps improve texture and tone by removing dead skin cells, thus diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) – the most effective form of vitamin A to repair skin’s DNA; increases cell turnover, to even out skin tone and texture and help skin function better.
- Alpha-lipoic Acid – the master antioxidant because is it one of the only antioxidants that is both lipid and water-soluble (works both inside and outside the cell) and can attack the free-radicals of aging
- Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract– Stimulates removal of toxins and waste materials to promote vibrant skin
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract – antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, prevents against ultraviolet UVB
- Punica Granatum Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Borago Officinalis Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber extract)
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice– moisturizing, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory
While it’s a lot of reading – it pays to do the research to empower yourself to exactly what your skincare is doing for your skin. We don’t blindly eat something we didn’t know the ingredients for right? So why use skincare products blindly? It doesn’t make sense!
I also had the opportunity to try Definitions Skincare Line Fighter & Filler which is a targeted action against fine lines by way of a blend of crease releasing peptides, hyaluronic spheres, and antioxidants leaving you with immediate results and cumulative improvement within days and weeks.
Clinical studies show 22.5% decrease in fine lines and expression wrinkles after 1 hour, 32% after 6 hours. It’s a great alternative to fillers or cosmetic surgery!
How to use: Apply a small amount to crows feet and fine lines on the face daily.
- Dermaxyl (palmitoyl oligopeptide)- a peptide that promotes wrinkle smoothing and improvement of skin tone and elasticity; stimulates synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid, which contributes to cell proliferation in the deep layers of the skin
- Argireline (Acetyl Hexapeptide-3)- a unique peptide derived from plants that both reduces existing facial wrinkles and is effective against the development of new wrinkles. It also decreases the depth of facial wrinkles caused by the contraction of muscles from facial expressions, especially near the eyes and on the forehead. Botox targets the same wrinkles, but Argireline is safer and less expensive.
- Sodium Hyaluronate (hyaluronic spheres)- enables the spheres to swell and exert pressure in the direction of the surface, resulting in an immediate smoothing effect on the skin
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)- the most effective form of vitamin A to repair skin’s DNA; increases cell turnover, to even out skin tone and texture and help skin function better.
- Ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C,) citric acid – a potent antioxidant and a vital factor in the production of collagen and elastin. It can help reverse and prevent photodamage as well as improve pigmentation issues. Being a fruit acid, it helps improve texture and tone by removing dead skin cells, thus diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sunflower, Bamboo, and algae extracts
I hope you get to enjoy using Definitions Skincare products. Be sure to click on the links above to read more about them and buy some for yourself!
Leave any questions or comments below as I always reply!
And as always, thanks so much for stopping by! If you like this post, The Technology Of Skincare Just Leveled Up, subscribe via email below and never miss a post again!